Evil Dead II/Army of Darkness replica chainsaw

I just finished mine today. I will try to post some pics next week. I did not take as many progress pics since I waited too long to get serious. Thanks to everyone for the help! I am still new to the forum, so should I post pics on this thread, or start my own?

I kinda ran out of time on this but still satisfied with the level I got it to.. It took forever with all manual tools.. lots of fun though.

307777_533499666819_158801144_30866440_251687960_n.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my master piece :angel. This and the Boom Stick were first prop builds, so I was pretty exited the closer I got to done, with less and less opportunities to mess it up beyond repair.

I just noticed looking at my pitcures that the back of the handle looks too high. I apparently was in too much of a hurry at the end and did not measure it, or use the form I had made for bending the bar. I will have to investigate shortening it down without destroying.:behave

great work! ill have to make a build tread for my chainsaw, anyone know of any casts being sold? i only ask cause id hate to keep ripping apart perfectly good saws :rolleyes

Hi Jimmy!

Absolutely great work on the chainsaw! Love it, can't wait to finish my own.

And speaking of which, I'm the guy that made this grill.

heatsink.jpg

Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words. I am very surprised to say the least. I have been away from the prop world for a while, life and all that. I was wondering if there would be any interest in resin pulls of this grill?

Hi Jimmy!

Absolutely great work on the chainsaw! Love it, can't wait to finish my own.

And speaking of which, I'm the guy that made this grill.

heatsink.jpg

Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words. I am very surprised to say the least. I have been away from the prop world for a while, life and all that. I was wondering if there would be any interest in resin pulls of this grill?

I would definitely be interested in a grill, that's the last piece I need.

I would definitely be interested in a grill, that's the last piece I need.

I would, too.

And you might want to consider using a con-safe bicycle chain instead of a regular 'bladed' chainsaw chain. I've been checked (hassled) by con/faire security many times about my saw. Once they see it's a non-sharp bike chain they're usually cool about it.

Hey guys! Nice saws! I'm really enjoying the thread here in general. It's a really nice build. Lots of great pics of your process.

I built one back in 2002 based on the Evil Dead: Hail to the King game for PS2. I based it off the cut scene where Ash is talking to the Granny Deadite that turns into a spider deadite. It's a different saw than the opening build scene of the game which is based more clearly on the ED2 chainsaw.

106n6hj.jpg

Hope you dig it. I also went with the horizontal handle inside. I found that to be more comfy for my hand. It's also an all metal casing so it's HEAVY. Ten pounds of heavy XD

Hey guys, thanks for the interest in the grills, I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll keep this brief. The supplier I used to buy my Smooth-on product from locally has closed so it will be a couple of weeks before I can order some stuff online. After that I'll post the details in the Junkyard.

Mr. GRILL MASTER, und I say that with gallons of respect, has just inspired me to finish this godforsaken prop project.

I tore my progress apart 5 months ago but dug all the pieces out of my art box yesterday. Aside from paint n gore, all I really need is the grill piece Im hoping to order from Venkman and a wee bit of small tweaking. Figured out how to mount all the visible engine guts simply after reassembling the fffocker today. Tomorrow Im going to attach the t-bolt and an "itll do" blade.

Pics soon.
Wish my procrastinating arse luck.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back