Etsy Seller Warning: DUHAYER

Orion13

I was browsing Etsy last night and discovered this seller:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DUHAYER?ref=l2-shop-info-name

I noticed that they were selling several stargate replicas including a ZPM, as I own a ZPM replica from ActiProps and it being a very very good replica of my favorite prop,
I thought I would have a look to see how close this person had got with their replica,
to my horror I discovered that the second image of the listing was infact taken of MY ZPM from my YourProps page! You can even see the YourProps watermark on the bottom of the image.
I contacted the seller about this and they assured me that the photos were of their ZPM's. (See link to listing page and YourProps page)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/211813597/e2pz-11-stargate?ref=shop_home_active_7

https://www.yourprops.com/Zero-Poin...e-prop-Stargate-Atlantis-TV-2004-YP60973.html

So it apears that this seller is either re-casting, or simply lying about their products, I have taken this up with Etsy Legal and contacted Phillip at ActiProps about this. I am just putting this up here as more of an FYI to you guys in case you were looking at this seller.

Dam great catch.
I've added him to my ban list. I hate people that steal, lie and cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

suspicious indeed. I sent a request to etsy to investigate.

UPDATE: I have reported this to Etsy legal and am awaiting their reply, I am also in contact with Phillip from Actiprops and are both working to get this guy exposed

I have been speaking to the seller for a couple of hours now. what I can get from the translations is that he is taking pre-orders for the ZPM, he hasn't made one yet but he has access to one. He is also going to "make lights and sounds like the rest" . He also clamped up and wasn't giving me much more info unless I pay him 390 euros. I guess it is up to you to decide if you want to do deal with him but for me if he is charging $290 AUD for a half finished GDO then iam not going to do business with him.

I have had just had word from Phillip at Actiprops and the seller is no longer listed on Etsy, looks like the pressure everyone was putting on him has sent him running

I have had just had word from Phillip at Actiprops and the seller is no longer listed on Etsy, looks like the pressure everyone was putting on him has sent him running

Chalk up another win for the RPF prop commandos!

saw this on facebook ...cant believe the utter gaul of the guy taking pics of a prop you worked your guts out on and then saying he had this item for sale and all he was selling is air...glad you caught him oh and your zpm is awesome.

saw this on facebook ...cant believe the utter gaul of the guy taking pics of a prop you worked your guts out on and then saying he had this item for sale and all he was selling is air...glad you caught him oh and your zpm is awesome.

Thanks for the like on the ZPM, sadly I cannot take credit for it, I bought it from ActiProps on ebay, being a big SGA fan, this thing is now the pride of my collection.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back