ESB Snowspeeder Part ID

Telepathic

Hi everyone, I've been a member for a long time but have been more of a reader up until now. I am interested in building a snowspeeder ever since I followed Michael Proenzano scratch build his. I hope to eventually take on a Millennium Falcon, Phil's build has been inspiring but I think I'll start with something a little simpler. I was just wondering if anyone recognizes the part I circled in the attached picture. It looks like part of a battleship kit. I've never come across it. Could it possibly have been built from scratch? I wouldn't think the ILM model builders would go through the trouble as the part is pretty intricate. If I get the project going I would like to post progress here at the RPF. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Don't underestimate the model shop, if they have a need for a particular part and they can't find an existing object to use, they will make it ! (and mold it if they need more) Sometimes the model builder will work themselves into a corner, and will take the time to build a special part if needed. Though usually a suitable part can be found.

I've watched Greg Jein and Bill George at work, and they are pretty amazing at coming up with stuff.

I also remember a modelbuilder coming in to the mold shop, and wanted a mold and cast of a milling machine tool bit, because it looked just like a roof ventilator (the round looking ones that spin) that he needed for a model building he was working on.

So don't limit yourself to kit parts - how many pen caps, paper cups, jewlery beads, etc. have been used in various models ? And if all else fails, scratch build it !

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that the part I originally posted about was more than likely scratch built. I have this other part I've been racking my brain over. I don't think it is scratched, looks like it may come from a tank, could be small scale but I don't know which kit. Any ideas?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back