ESB Graflex D rings - a discussion

Hey guys, just one other thing I noticed on the DV ROTJ grips is the thicker black tape they used to secure them, which makes them slightly further away from the bottom surface, whereas the grips on the ESB lightsaber are much closer by using a thinner tape, such as the 3M Roy provides, or super glue ... see picture :

DV ROTJ D-ring & Grips*.jpg

Chaim

Last edited:
Hey guys, just one other thing I noticed on the DV ROTJ grips is the thicker black tape they used to secure them, which makes them slightly further away from the bottom surface, whereas the grips on the ESB lightsaber are much closer by using a thinner tape, such as the 3M Roy provides, or super glue ... see picture :

View attachment 1504773

Chaim
Good eye! Yea, these grips are held on by like foam tape or something. When I cropped my circle, I compensated for this. It looks like there are multiple layers on the left side.. the tape, some kind of TINY rim, then the tube end surface then the plate. This makes me think there isn't an endcap at all.

I'll try to nab one of the pictures in a bit, the 3/4 views of the D ring show the tracks floating a little

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back