Envy Thread: Mal's Pistol from Firefly

If a picture of the other side becomes available, I'll post it.

Yes, we're aware that a market exists for the castings of the pistols from Firefly and Serenity. Unfortunately, due to my relationship with providers of the source material, I can't make any castings available.

Phil

Originally posted by moffeaton@Jun 13 2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the pics - will help to make mine accurate. Can you show the other side? I know those details along the top of the pistol do not mirror the other side the way everyone assumes.

I assume you/your friend knows that there is a mint to be made by selling even static resin copies of this pistol. I would be in for one. And I have about 5 friends who would as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Any Matebas or Jayne pistols?
[snapback]1010694[/snapback]​

Originally posted by moffeaton@Jun 13 2005, 08:48 AM
Any Matebas or Jayne pistols?

[snapback]1010708[/snapback]​

I don't have Matebas or Jayne pistols to show--yet.

Mal's pistol was indeed modified for Serenity. I can't remember all of the differences right now, but a detail on the magazine is one I clearly recall.

Phil

I have a very reliable source for the Serenity pistol and the main difference is the part right under the barrel, cant post much until the movie comes out im afraid.

youre welcome :D

Hey, id like to share more, just cant right now, just trying to help the little i can.

Ah. Is this one of those "PM me for details" kind of things? Or are you seriously just saying "I know, but can't share"? I can PM you for details if you want me to...

I think I add the "sly wink" emoticon here, somewhere...

I've got 143 gigs of unpublished Star Wars pics. Sorry, can't share.

I've got props from studio molds from a few cool sci-fi properties. Sorry, can't say what.

I've got prototypes of unreleased and forthcoming props and toys from two major companies. Sorry, can't say what.

...so, can I join the club?

Whoa boys. Calm down now.

There are plenty of people on this forum that have things they'd like to share, but can't. Let's all respect each other's situations.

Phil

It's a lot easier to get along when you don't get a carrot dangled in your face. What could he possibly have to contribute to the discussion by chiming in with "I have things to share but cannot share"? I just don't get it, and it's highly irritating.

I respect those situations - but you don't see me taunting others do you? I share when I can, and when I can't I keep the fact that I can't to myself...

It's still a nice show-off (envy) thread. Moffeaton is simply a little frustrated because he's having a hard time rounding up information on a prop he obviously loves. I feel his pain.

I was in a similar situation when I tried to get data on all of the "Minority Report" weapons. Eventually, after 2 years, the data came pouring in. Patience pays off.

As my father always said, "It's a lot easier to catch bees with honey than with vinegar."

Phil

Phil, does your friend's pistol have a removable mag? Working trigger?

Did your friend measure up the hero piece, or was photo reference used?

Incredibly gorgeous piece, I could happily give up props with that in my collection :)

Moff, there's a couple of really nice resin repros of Mal's series pistol out there.

PM me if you need a lead :)

It's not so much that Jason's frustrated at the lack of information regarding a prop he's interested in as the posting of "I have information but I can't tell you" serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. If it's a secret, then keep it that way and don't say anything. The"Nah-Nah-Na-Nah-Nah" kind of post is so grade school playground.

Originally posted by Darkknight0667@Jun 13 2005, 11:12 AM
It's not so much that Jason's frustrated at the lack of information regarding a prop he's interested in as the posting of "I have information but I can't tell you" serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.  If it's a secret, then keep it that way and don't say anything.  The"Nah-Nah-Na-Nah-Nah" kind of post is so grade school playground.
[snapback]1010796[/snapback]​

If one assumes that folks are being malevolent, you're right. On the other hand, if people are benevolent (as I believe most are), they're sharing what they can. I don't think the alternative you suggest (total secrecy) is preferable.

Phil

Birdie,

I believe the magazine is removable. I believe the trigger is functional. All of the parts come from original source material. No photo reference was used here; except for the cosmetic details.

Phil

Originally posted by Birdie@Jun 13 2005, 11:11 AM
Phil, does your friend's pistol have a removable mag? Working trigger?

Did your friend measure up the hero piece, or was photo reference used?

Incredibly gorgeous piece, I could happily give up props with that in my collection :)

Moff, there's a couple of really nice resin repros of Mal's series pistol out there.

PM me if you need a lead :)
[snapback]1010795[/snapback]​

Originally posted by philippes@Jun 13 2005, 12:19 PM

If one assumes that folks are being malevolent, you're right. On the other hand, if people are benevolent (as I believe most are), they're sharing what they can. I don't think the alternative you suggest (total secrecy) is preferable.

Phil
[snapback]1010798[/snapback]​

How does saying "I have information, but I can't share it", regardless of whether your intent is malevolent or benevolent, serve any purpose? I agree that sharing of information is a good thing. It's what this place is all about. But, a post like this doesn't share anything, so why bother?

The point of this thread is to showoff the work of a friend, so he can get feedback for the 220-plus hours he's put into this project.

In the end, those who build props often do it for the respect, awe, and enthusiasm it engenders from their peers.

If I'm being foolish, and this thread irritates you, I'm sorry.

Phil

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back