Enter the Underworld! - Selene & Sonja

:D thank you. Not a newer picture, but here's a clearer version of the image above:
SeleneCloseup-1.jpg

Looks great.

Can I ask what the catsuit is made of? Is it latex or some type of stretch PVC?

Also, kevjh, sent you a pm the other day

I was wondering the same thing. I'm making a Black Cat costume for my wife and I'd like to use the same material as this suit for the skin tight wet look. I've been looking into varying thicknesses of latex sheeting, which the samples a a very rubbery feel and stretch to.

Could you also comment on whether it sewn or glued? Just asking because most of the sources I've looked at for laytex sheeting states that it's typically glued instead of sewn because the small holes caused by sewing can lead to tears.

Thanks, and congrats on the awesome collection!

While watching the new film, (to me) it was very clearly "wet-look" PVC. However, it may not have been in the previous films.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys, I completely missed these messages. Yes it's like a stretch PVC fabric and is stitched all over, not glued. Though throughout usage I can see that the stitches have begun to pull and cut into the material in areas that see the most movement and most stretch.
I've tried to take a few pictures of it to show how it looks up close (surprisingly hard to do!) and to show the texture and stitching:

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

Re: Enter the Underworld!

Thank you, I've very pleased with it so far, I'm working on a themed base for her and trying to track down some of the missing parts.

Just for fun here's a shot of her with the other displays:

Selenegroupshot.jpg
Can you help me? I am trying to find the throwing stars and the leg hosters that selene used for a costume I am trying to complet. do you know where I gan get these?

I swear I end up saving every picture you post of that suit. Awesome! And thanks for sharing. :) It'll really help with the 1/6 Selene that I'm slowly building.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back