Embarrassing XXL large head Mando helmet question

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
Okay. Please don’t laugh. I have a huge noggin. My head is large. XXL sized. Like Sputnik. I tried on more than one Mando helmet and they are WAYYYYYYYY tooooo small. It’s humiliating actually.

Here are my embarrassing questions:

1.) Who do you guys recommend that can print me a Larger-Than-Normal sized Boba Fett helmet in the USA? I don’t have a 3D printed. Who do you guys trust.

2. Who do you guys recommend that can paint it up nicely like Boba Fett for me once it’s printed?

Thank you kindly,

Yours in largeness,

~Chuckster

Attachments

• IMG_7383.jpeg
    IMG_7383.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    694.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    610.5 KB · Views: 96
One of the problems is, that the person designing or sizing the helmet will have to have your head measurement. Not just a circumference, but length width, and height and possibly a side profiles so that they could size the helmet to accommodate your ears and nose. If you just ask someone to print you a XL helmet, you run the risk of having it too small or too large (bobblehead). Then you'll be out more money.

I'd recommend having someone print and finish the helmet, rather than getting the helmet, and shipping it to someone to post process and finish.

TazMan2000

Don’t ever be embarrassed about having a big squash, I have the same issue.. bicycle helmets are tough to find.. anyway

Rebel surplus on Etsy has printed a lot of stuff for me

Very very reliable and delivered exactly on time!

When I finally found a motorcycle helmet that fit right, it was an XL Long Oval. My head is longer front-to-back than it is wide.

1) I would get accurate measurements of your actual head
2) See if any current Boba Fett helmets are able to fit. There's multiple helmets that are fiberglass that come in different sizes and of course there's the 3D printed option to scale larger.
3) For painting it depends how accurate you want to be. Low end $600 to the high end of $1200

When I finally found a motorcycle helmet that fit right, it was an XL Long Oval. My head is longer front-to-back than it is wide.
My grandmother always said I had a big brain, makes you smarter

…learned quickly she was full of crap lol

Nothing wrong with a big head. Makes it more difficult to find stuff to fit... but you really should look into 3D printing. You can get large scale FDM printers that would be able to print the helmet in one go. It just takes a few days, so you have to have a place where you won't disturb the neighbors by having it running.

My grandmother always said I had a big brain, makes you smarter

…learned quickly she was full of crap lol
You are here doing cool stuff, so I think she was right. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back