EFX's TOS Battlestar Galactica Viper helmet???

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So they announced the sale of these helmets.
599.00???
Sure, I understand that they're limited to 500 pieces.
I understand that you will get a plaque signed by Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch.
However, does anybody find it just a little disturbing that there are NO details about the helmet itself?
What's it made of?
How much does it weigh?
Does it have padding?
Can I get the demensions?
How was it painted?
How do you activate the lights?
You get NO details on this thing but they want a 175.00 non-refundable deposit to get it.
What if the helmet sucks?
It's almost as if they feel that the two sigs is what you're really paying for, that the details of the helmet itself aren't important.
Personally, I'd rather just pay for the helmet without the sigs but tell me what I'm buying first!

Am I the only one who has a problem with this? :confused

While I understand where you are coming from, I hope you are being at least a little facetious in asking about weight and dimensions as well as the light activation method. Would you REALLY base your decision to buy this on whether it is push button activated or switch activated or whether it is 2.3lbs or 2.8lbs?

Again, I get it in general... you want more details, but you are undermining your own argument since several of your questions are already answered on the Details tab of the page to which you linked and some of your other questions just seem silly.

No offense dude but wtf?

The blurb had a lot of the details you are crying about. :unsure

Really simple don't order if you feel uncomfortable

- MSRP: US$599 (Plus S/H and applicable sales tax)
- Richard Hatch & Dirk Benedict DUAL Signature Edition
- Worldwide Edition Size: 500 Pieces
- LED "Force Field" Light effects
- Quality fiberglass and resin construction
- Full lined interior
- Individually numbered plaque
- eFX helmet stand and plaque stand
- Informative prop story and Certificate of Authenticity

- LED "Force Field" Light effects

Wait a minute here. I call shenanigans on eFx! There is no wattage listed with the "force field" and I have reason to believe it might not be a true 1.21 gigawatts force field. In fact, inside sources tell me it is only a 1.19 gigawatt force field and we all KNOW that anything less than 1.20 won't protect you from the vacuum of space! What kind of crap are you trying to pawn off on us, eFX and why are you withholding information?!? I was going to outfit our entire wing with new helmets for the impending Cylon invasion, but now I am not so sure... Why are you trying to sell us an inferior force field without disclosing the true wattage? What do you think we are, sir, idiots? Now, if you were willing to drop the price to say $549 a helmet, a 1.19 gigawatt force field would be considered reasonable...

I'm mulling this one over.. the price is probably on target given the limited run of 500.

I hope the helmets are better than the screen used versions though!

So they announced the sale of these helmets.
599.00???
Sure, I understand that they're limited to 500 pieces.
I understand that you will get a plaque signed by Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch.
However, does anybody find it just a little disturbing that there are NO details about the helmet itself?
What's it made of?
How much does it weigh?
Does it have padding?
Can I get the demensions?
How was it painted?
How do you activate the lights?
You get NO details on this thing but they want a 175.00 non-refundable deposit to get it.
What if the helmet sucks?
It's almost as if they feel that the two sigs is what you're really paying for, that the details of the helmet itself aren't important.
Personally, I'd rather just pay for the helmet without the sigs but tell me what I'm buying first!

Am I the only one who has a problem with this? :confused

On our website click on the "DETAILS" tab

Thanks!

Bryan

On our website click on the "DETAILS" tab

Thanks!

Bryan

The following is from the Development seciton.

For our replica helmet we were loaned an original hero helmet by a private collector. The helmet, marked inside as "Starbuck", can been seen in the images above. Complete with the switch gear, wiring and working incandescent bulbs which surround the upper and lower face plate, the helmet had been used through the filming of the original series.

In the Details section it states that the 4 hero helmets had very small, high intensity halogen “inspection” lights. I am wondering if the earlier reference to "incandescent" bulbs is a typo or were the lights replaced - assuming it was possible?

In the recent PiH auction, Joe in a YouTube video mentions that the hero helmets were marked #1 - #4. eFX mentions only the "Starbuck" marking along with a disclaimer that they cannot confirm if the helmet was actually used by Dirk Benedict. I am wondering if the reference hero helmet was marked with a number?

Did the Apollo "hero" helmet eFX comparied their helmet against have a number?

:lol
So...yeah. I didn't notice the details tab. :lol
I'm not going to edit my first post. I should have done a little more research before I posted, and I ddn't.
I feel better about the helmet now.

I have been looking forward to this helmet for a long time, and they have in it development for absolutely ages so I seriously doubt it's not going to be fantastic, as is their other stuff.

I have been looking forward to this helmet for a long time, and they have in it development for absolutely ages so I seriously doubt it's not going to be fantastic, as is their other stuff.

I've seen and handled it in person...and it's pretty remarkable.
Always loved that show.
Call me bias, but all of their helmets are just a thing of beauty.:thumbsup

This Viper is yet another slam dunk. Nice work guys!

David

Hmm, lets see... I put a "non-refundable" $350 deposit down on the eFx TIE fighter replica nearly a FULL YEAR AGO, and not only don't I have it yet, but didn't get so much as a single email update from eFx about the reason for the delay. Very dissapointed in this lack of customer service. I mean, really, is it that hard to send out periodic email updates on the situation?

As much as I'd love the Viper helmet for my collection, no more year-in-advance deposits for me.

I'll pass.

Is this only going to be offered in a signature edition at 500 pieces and thats it or are they going to offer this without signatures later?

I'm very excited about this piece and will most certainly be adding one to my collection! :thumbsup

-Rylo

Doesn’t look like these will be available to dealers. Does anyone know for sure as living in Australia i presume the postage will be ridiculous as it was with the legend? I would get this for sure if postage is not a killer again.

Doesn’t look like these will be available to dealers. Does anyone know for sure as living in Australia i presume the postage will be ridiculous as it was with the legend? I would get this for sure if postage is not a killer again.

They will be available through our website and US retailers ONLY. We do not have international distribution rights for Battlestar.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back