EFX's TOS Battlestar Galactica Viper helmet???

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah I figured they would'nt sell out on the first day.

I hope they do sell out as Brian really worked hard on these.

It was truely a labor of love.

While this one isn't selling like the Vader, it doesn't look like they are going to have a problem selling out.

Last edited:

R.P. McMurphy

I'm so torn on this one. Would love to get it but like many others, already have a deposit or two in with them. I had it in my cart two different times yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger. I don't think my willpower will last, though.

R.P. McMurphy

Does anyone know if there are plans for a Cylon helment down the road? That would make my decision a lot easier as I'd love to display both together rather than just one.

Zombie Killer

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm so torn on this one. Would love to get it but like many others, already have a deposit or two in with them. I had it in my cart two different times yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger. I don't think my willpower will last, though.

I'm in the same boat, i really wanted to get this but with the Luke saber and Vader Legend already on order and the stormy coming up i can't swing it. I would love to get it but i must resist so i can get the Stormy Legend....hopefully.

R.P. McMurphy

Thanks for the info, Apollo. I'm sorry to hear that. Makes the decision that much tougher.

I was searching the eFX website and the best thing I could find is:

"The first release from our classic Battlestar Galactica line will be the Colonial Viper Pilot Helmet."

That implies there will be other releases in the classic Battlestar Galactica line but whether that will be ship replicas or other helmets or something completely different remains to be seen. If I knew there was a Cylon helmet coming, I'd be all over this.

ictvuser

At SDCC, eFX did have a screen used Cylon Helmet on display so we know they have access to the real thing.

On 8/11/11, Bryan had a Q&A session on RS and said the following about the Cylon Helmet.

DarthWaller said:
Is anything else planned for the BSG line, like ships or maybe even a Cylon head?

eFXBryan said:
To be honest, we are going to wait and see how the Viper Helmet does. We will be working with Richard Hatch on his battlestargalactica.com website to promote the Viper helmet.

Last edited:

micdavis

Master Member
It seems like eFX and knee-jerk go together at the RPF. :lol

I don't see why people have to bag on them when to my knowledge no has lost a dime with them or anything.

Production delays happen. Simple as that.

Would you rather them make them in the US and cost 3 times as much?

AJK001

Master Member
I don't see why people have to bag on them when to my knowledge no has lost a dime with them or anything.

I agree with you 110%. But it seems like some people just have go off on them for some reason.

C0mmand3rC0dy

Sr Member
Ditto here,

I always am happy with the stuff I get from EFX, and feel like the wait is worth it. Especially with the CV Helmet Exclusives.

Patience is a virtue!

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm in full agreement with you.

Hey that's what dealing with the public sometimes will get you though.

streetjudge79

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't mind production delays, but they don't answer emails, they don't give updates. I think they gave 1 update all year about the visors , that was it. They have very poor customer service. I bought one of the signature Luke helmets at CV, and still waiting on it. If they had regular updates or bothered to reply to emails, I'd have no problem waiting.

Tiberius Kirk

Sr Member
Yes a NON-SIGNATURE at a significantly lower price would be great!

I'd buy multiple helmets if they were closer to the $300 range!

At this price (if I buy one at all), one is my limit.

R.P. McMurphy

Disappointing how few have sold... If the bar is accurate, only about 125-150 have sold.

What a Catch-22 for me. I'd like one but only if a Cylon is coming down the road to pair it with. Sounds like they won't make a Cylon if the Viper doesn't sell well. So, looks like I've got to roll the dice, buy the Viper, and hope others do as well. Doesn't look promising right now.

micdavis

Master Member
I would feel like I was buying something I don't want, if I bought Sig-Edition.

If they do a non-sig edition, I'd probably buy two as well.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.