eFX Reveals Stormtrooper Hero Legend Edition Helmet!

If you look at the 1st post's pictures starting on the second pic, there appears to be a strap with a snap dangling. Don't know if this will be on the final product but it's there in the pics.

I think TJ was asking if the straps were present in the movies.

yes, in the movie. Was it there? Did they put these aside in the scene where Luke takes off his helmet? Or wasn´t one installed?

If you look at the pictuire of the original helmet taken apart on EFX site it shows the chin strap,so I guess it was on the original.

Dave

They were all supposed to have straps. Then again they were ALL supposed to have blue tube stripes...

I wouldn't doubt a few slipped out without. But they were all supposed to have them.

As far as Lukes scene Is concerned I'd say they were removed. The strap was for the actor. Was never meant to be seen by the audience.

Hi All!

We have added the LEGEND ANH Stormtrooper to our site:

eFX Inc. - ANH HERO STORMTROOPER HELMET - LEGEND

Note, that this section is still under construction, but you may want to check out some of the information and pictures that we have started to post. More to come!! (Along with updates on our other products!)

Thanks!

Bryan

They were all supposed to have straps. Then again they were ALL supposed to have blue tube stripes...

I wouldn't doubt a few slipped out without. But they were all supposed to have them.

As far as Lukes scene Is concerned I'd say they were removed. The strap was for the actor. Was never meant to be seen by the audience.

very interesting infos. Thank you, OldKen!

Bryan, you guys are truly setting a new standard for info sharing as well as accuracy of product! I love that you posted up the taken apart helmet as well as the disassembled mic tip! We have never seen a licensee go this into detail and we hope others will follow your example! As I have said before, I don't even like the hero helmet, but I don't know how I could NOT buy one given the care and attention to detail that you guys are giving this replica.

Nice - any thoughts on when you will have the price posted?

This has got to be a BIT cheaper than the Vader legend... Right? :confused (I stress the BIT part because of the exclusivity and AWESOMENESS of this piece!)

Surely the labor will have to be at least a little less costly... Vacc'd ABS VS. fiberglass work?

We can hope! :angel

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that EFX will be working with international dealers. That makes me extremely happy as it's going to save me an arm and a leg in shipping. Thanks for that Bryan.

Ben

I heard somewhere that EFX will be working with international dealers. That makes me extremely happy as it's going to save me an arm and a leg in shipping. Thanks for that Bryan.

Ben

It took the Legend Vader for this to happen. Too bad we had to learn from there on.

Hi All!

We have added the LEGEND ANH Stormtrooper to our site:

eFX Inc. - ANH HERO STORMTROOPER HELMET - LEGEND

Note, that this section is still under construction, but you may want to check out some of the information and pictures that we have started to post. More to come!! (Along with updates on our other products!)

Thanks!

Bryan

Bryan, one concern I have is if this is being vac-formed with ABS, is the potential for this helmet to yellow over time as the original did.

Are there any measures being taken to prevent this - perhaps using acrylic capped ABS or some kind of coating?

Bryan, one concern I have is if this is being vac-formed with ABS, is the potential for this helmet to yellow over time as the original did.

Are there any measures being taken to prevent this - perhaps using acrylic capped ABS or some kind of coating?

Dont you want it to be as close to the originals as possible?
who cares if it yellows after 30 years if the originals do the so should these

what I hope we see next from EFX is a Stunt helmet done in khaki HDPE (or what ever it is) plastic

With the eFX hero and the SiMan Stunt we would the perfect replicas of the ANH stormies so no need for another eFX Stormi lid. There are so many other trooper helmets which were never offered in an accurate form that it would be a little bit boring just to offer Stormi lids.

Dont you want it to be as close to the originals as possible?
who cares if it yellows after 30 years if the originals do the so should these

what I hope we see next from EFX is a Stunt helmet done in khaki HDPE (or what ever it is) plastic

Actually, yes I do want it as close to what it looked like onscreen for as long as possible. That's why eFX is making these white and not yellow as the current condition of the helmet is.

It actually may have yellowed after 5-10 years for all we know. That's why I was concerned about this issue and hopefully eFX will address it in some way.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back