EFX Mandalorian Helmet Season 2

I fully agree that they should have higher standards. Overall the helmet is rather... cheap.
I have ripped it completely apart now. The ears and vent just popped off. The right ear I was able to pull off with my hand. The vent and other ear I simply used a popsicle stick to help. All of it came off cleanly with zero creaks or cracks from prying. I can't be any happier with that part.
But I will say this... after watching todays episode and seeing the helmet in my theater room on screen... you can't deny the lineage part. I mean it just is the same overall helmet. I am really looking forward to redoing it and am no longer disappointed. More than anything I am excited at this point.
If they were $500 helmets they would be a little more in line value wise. At $800 shipped or whatever they are now... It is so hard to justify.

That's how I feel about it too. I can't at all justify the cost of spending $700+ for what's going to end up being used as a raw kit.

I've owned a few high quality customs from different sculpts and the Anovos, and they each have little things that aren't quite right. The only way I'm going to be 100% happy with a Mando helmet is buying the EFX then commissioning someone to repaint it. Just can't do it though. The next best option is a 3D scanned/recast EFX and that's obviously not a good thing.

The efx pcr version may be a good option to repaint if it has the correct shape.
Based on the stock photos, the shape of the ears are very different. I'm hoping they correct them to look more like the fiberglass version. They may have had to change the design to make them more feasible to produce in aluminum. Even then $450 is a lot for a kit to repaint.

I would feel better about repainting a $450 than a $750 helmet. Until the pcr helmets start showing up we can't judge how good of an option it is. I don't have much confidence that the photos on the product page will closely match the helmets they send out.

the PCR sure does look good...
Mando-Helmet-PCR---Front---Right_grande.png

im just nervous about dimples from the injection molding. it sure is super nice though
While I prefer the LE helmets. They're getting pricer and pricier. The PCR Stormtrooper helmets are perfect for sitting on a shelf. I just hope the PCR S1 Mando helmet is the same size at the S1 LE was. My S2 helmet was too small.

That's how I feel about it too. I can't at all justify the cost of spending $700+ for what's going to end up being used as a raw kit.

I've owned a few high quality customs from different sculpts and the Anovos, and they each have little things that aren't quite right. The only way I'm going to be 100% happy with a Mando helmet is buying the EFX then commissioning someone to repaint it. Just can't do it though. The next best option is a 3D scanned/recast EFX and that's obviously not a good thing.
I picked up my EFX for $600 so it wasn't terrible price wise. Because it was only $150 more than the PCR one is why I jumped. I should have bought it when it was $500 but whatever. Its a seller on Ebay who has increased the price $50 each time one has sold. I want the PCR version as well but the ears are killing it for me. I am hesitant to put down a non refundable deposit for it.

If the S2 helmet is too small to wear and it has nothing to do with the liner then they either are making them thicker or it has shrunk from being remolded multiple times.
Hmmm.. if I’m going to invest 500 bucks into a helmet I would like to be able to wear it

I have a big squish too so it’s not easy.. my nose pitches up against the black series helmet

The S1 helmet fit me pretty perfectly. With the S2 my nose is squished up against the visor and pretty visible. I don't have a massive head or nose but there is a noticable size difference. You'll see when I can take some photos. The S2 seems perfect for sitting on a shelf. Not much for wearing.
Extra brain matter is my conclusion lol

Hmmm.. if I’m going to invest 500 bucks into a helmet I would like to be able to wear it

I have a big squish too so it’s not easy.. my nose pitches up against the black series helmet
I have 7.5 hat size. I could not squeeze into the V1 helmet . If the V2 is smaller errrr no.

Did they change the stand that comes with the v2? I basically threw my v1 stand in the trash is such a piece of garbage.
From my understanding it is the same stand. The only redeeming feature is the logo on the base but whenever I move it I always hear that crinkle crack acrylic sound. I wish they returned to the older stands with the aluminum discs and machined EFX screws. Those were top market. A few months a ago somebody over seas were selling left over and returned Battlestar Galactica helmets that were in rough shape and I was able to get a stand for My Starbuck Starchaser helmet. The stand sells it.
C15B725B-AA05-4146-90B6-2C05B17AED32.jpeg
A6B0FBC2-213E-4087-9853-E77900E91D58.jpeg
84165242-4244-460E-B078-9E70F327B3F9.jpeg

Last edited:
The ears and vent just popped off. The right ear I was able to pull off with my hand. The vent and other ear I simply used a popsicle stick to help. All of it came off cleanly with zero creaks or cracks from prying.

Are the ears attached from the inside of the helmet or are they more or less just glued on? Are they separate pieces or just one piece?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back