EFX Armorer Helmet

"screen accurate paint"

Right.....

It's great there's a lineage helmet, but not worth $800, and definitely not when it sorely needs a repaint.

The paintjob looks really bad on the prototype.It should look more metallic.
I would never preorder from efx direct.Only from a local seller.

The-Armorer.jpg

mandalorian-s3-armorer.jpg

Last edited:
Limited Edition... How big will the Edition? Did they forget to write?
I think I will buy ALL of them to save others from greater harm :lol: . Every day a good act :)

Whoever is doing their prototypes and photography needs to be fired. This is an awful finish with even worse photos. If it is from the original masters the sculpt should be there, but it’s kind of ridiculous to put out a product for $800 that will need a $450 paint job to even look passable.

It is time to let EFX die and hope that a better licensor steps up to the plate. Perhaps someone like Paragon FX. Until that time.. support independent makers folks. You will get a much higher quality product, for a better price, not to mention you’ll actually GET it.

Here is a Red Bow props cast I painted. GEC Props also does a beautiful helmet.
E23FF0F5-17A9-48B0-920F-24136E66163C.jpeg

Below is a video showing the Armorer helmet at the efx booth for Celebration 2022. The finish does not look metallic to me.

I'm confident they will be able to produce these in a reasonable time based on efx being able to deliver two runs of the Mando fiberglass helmets. The finish on the Mando helmets did not impress me and what we have seen of the Armorer helmet does not impress me either.

Wow, that looks terrible! I'll stick with my casting from Minute Fett, which I refinished with chrome powders:

v3ewaz3l-jpg.jpg

I'm confident the photo efx posted from the front is simply a bad photo. I have no idea why they chose to post that. The helmet from the Celebration video doesn't look that narrow, but the finish on that helmet doesn't look great.

Yeah that photo is taken way too up close so the reason it looks crushed is entirely because of lens distortion. You'd think they would take more professional looking promo photos. The shape of the helmet looked fine at Celebration.

Whoever is doing their prototypes and photography needs to be fired. This is an awful finish with even worse photos. If it is from the original masters the sculpt should be there, but it’s kind of ridiculous to put out a product for $800 that will need a $450 paint job to even look passable.

It is time to let EFX die and hope that a better licensor steps up to the plate. Perhaps someone like Paragon FX. Until that time.. support independent makers folks. You will get a much higher quality product, for a better price, not to mention you’ll actually GET it.

Here is a Red Bow props cast I painted. GEC Props also does a beautiful helmet.
View attachment 1689381
Any tips for the gold? I’ve got a Red Bow helmet and it’s prepped with gloss black and chrome but all the golds I have are too yellow

efx has updated the photos of the Armorer helmet.

Any tips for the gold? I’ve got a Red Bow helmet and it’s prepped with gloss black and chrome but all the golds I have are too yellow

Sorry, I missed this. Didn’t see it until just now when this thread was bumped.

I’ve really been liking Createx Candy2O. For the Armorer I’d mix a little tequila yellow with a splash of lemon yellow, that should get you in the right area. You want to mix it with the 4050 UVLS Gloss and apply it slowly. Keep in mind as well that whatever gold you use will pop more after the final clear goes on. You can also custom mix your own alcohol ink with some aniline dye if you want to go that way, but it’s a bit more involved.

New photos are a million times better. I wonder how shiny the finish will be. In the last season (and previous BoBF appearance) it looked really reflective.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back