EFX Mandalorian Helmet Season 2

I have been so busy work and tired after getting my V2 still in the sealed box. I really appreciate all the comparison photos from fellow members. Gotta wait for a bright sunny day to see it better house lighting just makes everything look a bit darker. Obviously man will be selling their V-2s unless they opt to repaint.

Was it fairly easy to get apart? I have been sitting on some alumaluster for some time now and this seems like a good opportunity to use it.
They're very easy to get apart. I have a custom liner being made for mine so I just simply took the liner out of mine and threw it away, unscrewed the visor, popped the ears off the ears and vent with a scraping tool that came with one of my printers and that was it.

Then I just used acetone to get all the paint off, pinch the front of the mandibles really close and glued them together symmetrically to prevent warping, and got to work.

It's been really easy so far. I did do it before, granted, with a previous EFX Mando but it got warped during the process as I let it sit without anything holding the visor together for MONTHS. I was able to fix it for the most part and it makes a nice display piece, but not nearly what this guy will end up being, I believe.

Rinz- thank you.
Mine is arriving today. Send me a PM when you get a chance.
As far as the season 2 helmet. I am rewatching it now. In episode 3 when he is on the ship that helmet is dark. Darker than what his armor is.
I am debating picking up the season 2 helmet as well. I already would have gotten the new “Anovos” one but their shipping cost deterred me as I said.
I am about to go down the 501st Mando rabbit hole. I am kicking myself now trying to I figure out why I did Kylo Ren before I even considered Mando.

And “This is the way” to disappointment.
I picked up a season one helmet second hand. The wonkiness is really bad.
Now I can return it if I want to. But I am going to sleep on it. Because the things that are not great CAN be fixed. But do I want to?

It looks like the sprayed black areas on the metal paint of the V2 UNDER the clearcoat?
Hi, this is the EFX V2 outside . I didn't like the color, It's way too dark. I sold it.
I really prefer my anovos and alumaster bobamaker
It looks like the sprayed black areas on the metal paint of the V2 UNDER the clearcoat?That look really not good.
But the clearcoat is not so terrible wet glossy like on the Anovos.

And about the color: The real armor is also very dark.The chromed areas are lightreflections.It comes to life under light.
The-Mandalorian-Season-2-Episode-5-1280x720.jpg
5e1ad2a0-8660-11ea-bfff-18bb8c8d3974.png

Last edited:
They're very easy to get apart. I have a custom liner being made for mine so I just simply took the liner out of mine and threw it away, unscrewed the visor, popped the ears off the ears and vent with a scraping tool that came with one of my printers and that was it.

Then I just used acetone to get all the paint off, pinch the front of the mandibles really close and glued them together symmetrically to prevent warping, and got to work.

It's been really easy so far. I did do it before, granted, with a previous EFX Mando but it got warped during the process as I let it sit without anything holding the visor together for MONTHS. I was able to fix it for the most part and it makes a nice display piece, but not nearly what this guy will end up being, I believe.
So the manibles are somewhat moveable if you take it apart?

Is there any fan made helmets better then this?

Seems like anovos and efx have ear issues
There are some that are pretty decent. I mainly bought this one so I could do a direct in hand comparison to what files there are out there. I just printed one a few days ago that is really close other than the lower ear area being wrong.

There are some that are pretty decent. I mainly bought this one so I could do a direct in hand comparison to what files there are out there. I just printed one a few days ago that is really close other than the lower ear area being wrong.
The only real reason I haven’t gotten a efx of anovos is I think I rather have a blank fan made one.. this way I can paint it if I ever get a set of armor

Then again… I could always strip a efx or anovos helmet and do that as well.. but for the price why pay all that to only strip it

Well my new to me helmet is going under the knife. As I got it you can see the mandibles were not in line. I have ripped the interior out literally, removed the visor and now have a stabilizer in place with the mandibles in a better position. I am either going to simply put a new visor and liner in or go full blown restoration. I haven’t decided yet.
As a whole… I actually really like the helmet. It just isn’t as good as it should be.
D3427316-0617-43E9-9DA8-6CAC901B85EC.jpeg
CE8F2564-6462-4FD7-89C7-352948C267B5.jpeg

Well my new to me helmet is going under the knife. As I got it you can see the mandibles were not in line. I have ripped the interior out literally, removed the visor and now have a stabilizer in place with the mandibles in a better position. I am either going to simply put a new visor and liner in or go full blown restoration. I haven’t decided yet.
As a whole… I actually really like the helmet. It just isn’t as good as it should be.
View attachment 1541173View attachment 1541174
Sorry yours ended up like that man.

Last edited:
Absolutely embarrassing that a company would put something out like this, especially being “licensed” and considered high end. Since it’s Disney and Disney owned LucasFilm, they’ll continue to go with EFX because they could care less. Hopefully mine turns out ok. Sorry yours ended up like that man.
I appreciate it. I really wanted this helmet strictly for the lineage. Thats literally it. Even with its "flaws". I also got it for cheaper than what they went for new so I don't feel too bad tearing into it. I am weighing all options now on how to proceed.

I appreciate it. I really wanted this helmet strictly for the lineage. Thats literally it. Even with its "flaws". I also got it for cheaper than what they went for new so I don't feel too bad tearing into it. I am weighing all options now on how to proceed.
Ah I see. Do what’s best for you bud! I’d imagine you could get a replacement if you showed them the photo of it. I know EFX replaced a ton of Season 1 helmets, and I’ve spoken to a few that have had to do the same with the Season 2 helmets, albeit not as many.

Last edited:
What a sorry state of affairs that you should have to repaint/return a product that should be 100% in the first place. I get the lineage and everything, but it’s unbelievable that this company still has a reputation. I agree at least Master Replicas turned out quality products more often than not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back