EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

I see a lot of people aren't happy with this helmet, but to me, it being from the original mold is awesome. The price makes it even better and the fact that it's PLASTIC is a HUGE plus for me. If I'm wearing something on my head for hours on end I want it to be lightweight. My only thing is I wish there was an ESB version at this quality, material and price because I'd rather do an ESB Vader.

You may want check out the Avonos -> https://www.anovos.com/collections/d...line-pre-order

I picked up one of these from a seller on Amazon in the UK with free next day delivery, it is superb, EFX have done a fantastic job! I'll be adding the hand painted sections, but apart from that I am very pleased, congrats to all involved in it's production!
15682052_10154804594382387_2064349765_o.jpg

Mine should be on its way soon. Its gonna be late Christmas this year [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought mine yesterday. toynk.com had it for $259 and I got free shipping. I am way too short to be Vader but I will happily put this on display.

Which one did you get? The SE or the regular edition? I bought mine for 300 pds yesterday. It was the cheapest option in my neck of the woods. Looking forward to having it repainted to look even more menacing :)

Finally got my holiday bonus - and apart from a few sabers, I've decided to get this. All in all, I wanted to ask if there really was a big difference between the Reg and the SE. The price difference seems negligible, and I have a lot of buying options for the Reg, including Amazon (free shipping plus my points makes this a duh for me). Is the SE basically just a slightly better paint app?

Last edited:
different materials, though! The SE is fiberglass, am I correct folks?
No, the fiberglass helmets are no longer available from efx. They can be found second hand, but are much more expensive than the current efx helmets.

The two current efx versions only differ in the painting. Both are plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

So, now that I have the helmet on a stand (thanks to those of you suggesting a paper towel holder BTW), I'm noticing that the left side of the neck is noticeably higher (~.5 inches) than the right side. See this picture -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/134823489@N04/27290985535/in/album-72157666422155174/

Can someone please confirm this is part of the "asymmetrical" look and not a manufacturer defect?

Perhaps this is what's meant by "The wearer's right side of the mask is higher than the left side (asymmetrical)" on the 501st Web site.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... about 350 pictures of this helmet on that stand and counting!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskxgpwvU

I think in almost all of these i have the dome ring removed. So this should be the lowest height you could get with this stand.

The back of the dome hitting the surface of whatever surface the stand is on would limit how far back you could tilt it.

But you can tilt the mask forward and rest the bottom front edge of the mask against the inside of the black part of the base of the stand, to maintain that pose.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting these pix BTW. Has helped me on multiple occasions...

So, now that I have the helmet on a stand (thanks to those of you suggesting a paper towel holder BTW), I'm noticing that the left side of the neck is noticeably higher (~.5 inches) than the right side. See this picture -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/134823489@N04/27290985535/in/album-72157666422155174/

Can someone please confirm this is part of the "asymmetrical" look and not a manufacturer defect?

Perhaps this is what's meant by "The wearer's right side of the mask is higher than the left side (asymmetrical)" on the 501st Web site.

Thanks.

All photos I have seen of the helmet look like that.

Also is that the paper towel holder from Bed Bath and Beyond?

Thanks.

Yep. That's how Vader's helmet looks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back