EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

I'm torn...

I have an original Don Post Deluxe fiber glass helmet, (with a bad, none-too-glossy, orange peel factory paint job). Having a tough time rationalizing a second Vader helmet. Though my gut (and this thread) is telling me the eFX will likely be far better.

Got mine, love it!
567F8B55-AF7B-47A4-B360-229605FCC8B9_zpsm92f2dwk.png

I'm torn...

I have an original Don Post Deluxe fiber glass helmet, (with a bad, none-too-glossy, orange peel factory paint job). Having a tough time rationalizing a second Vader helmet. Though my gut (and this thread) is telling me the eFX will likely be far better.

Well, if it helps, this one looks great & is ANH. Isn't the Don Post an ESB? So it's a totally different helmet.

Just looked at amazon.de - only 380€ :facepalm
I bought it from Amazon.co.uk. Same company that shipped the one on Amazon Germany.. It was about a 12 euro difference though..

Amazon UK: 300 Pds plus 5 pounds shipping/handling= 371 euro . Amazon DE: 383 euro. So I decided, it was the cheapest way to get one.

And it shipped and arrived within 3 days to the Netherlands.

Touc Of Modern SE order finally shipped. Will be interesting to see if the c scar is completely missing now as it was shown in their photos.

Yup - painted silver. No knurling either...

This was a $1,200 helmet in the late '90's. I picked it up for $800 (new). Crazy...

Well, I certainly can't argue much with your assessment but I have a soft spot for the DP Deluxe and for 1996 it was absolutely way ahead of anything seen previously. It's also been a great springboard for modified fan helmets too (Natty15's RotJ Reveal comes to mind among others). We had to wait for the 20th Century helmets to come along for anything better in a Fan Casting and until efx came along it was still the "best" licensed helmet. If you can find a good one, mushy as the detail is, it's still among the more accurate helmets in terms of overall geometry.

I'm really impressed with the efx PCR and will pick one up for my Vader collection at some point.

Cheers!

Dave C

Well, I certainly can't argue much with your assessment but I have a soft spot for the DP Deluxe and for 1996 it was absolutely way ahead of anything seen previously. It's also been a great springboard for modified fan helmets too (Natty15's RotJ Reveal comes to mind among others). We had to wait for the 20th Century helmets to come along for anything better in a Fan Casting and until efx came along it was still the "best" licensed helmet. If you can find a good one, mushy as the detail is, it's still among the more accurate helmets in terms of overall geometry.

I'm really impressed with the efx PCR and will pick one up for my Vader collection at some point.

Cheers!

Dave C

Very well stated and why I still view it as a cornerstone in the collection! :)

So I'd love to know this: I read somewhere in these 35 pages that the lenses are not accurate for ANH. At this point of time there's so much info everywhere I don't know where to look. But what would be a set of accurate lenses for an ANH helmet? I'm in the proces of upgrading my efx helmet and I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. I know from experience in another section of this prop replica hobby how annoying it can be that someone asks for something. BUt for SW I just don't know where to look. Thanks in advance :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back