eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

After watching the movie last night, I still stand by my earlier argument that the eFX Iron Man helmet looks off. At no point in the movie was there a physical or CGI helmet with the differences i explained my post on page 6. The lip was the only thing noticeably different. The vent at the top in no way reflects the eFX version of the helmet. Even if this was "From the movie molds," it was not shown in the movie whatsoever.

All the other eFX stuff looks perfect. Not impressed with the IM helmet and will be passing on this one.

I just checked the MKVII CGI Files I have from Legacy and it appears that this slightly altered vent comes from early renders of the armour that were later modified to the "traditionnal" (MK2 to 6) design.

Shame because I liked this alteration and I hope that eFX won't go with the later design.

EDIT: I cannot and will not share/trade/sell the MKVII files so there's really no need to pm me for that matter. I would if I could but I can't.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that EFX is the official License holder for a movie back by Marvel and Disney.... MARVEL & DISNEY! I would think that those 2 giants would have some say in making sure EFX is able to turn out the products and provide good customer service or at the very least the people at EFX would not want to be a bad representative for either Marvel or Disney.

If I had money paid for vaporware, id be plenty pissed enough to write complaint letters to the license owners.
Efx, if you're reading this, get your heads out of your rear ends and update RTyour customers!

LOL what? That is 100% wrong, should really take a look at what's out there before typing something like that out. Same hlemet as the Mark6
Go to 3:50 in the vid.
The Avengers - Raw B-Roll #1 (2012) HD - YouTube

That's the Mark VI costume and helmet, nothing to do with the Mark VII one, which is diferent (both, costume and helmet). Anyway, you're right, the HELMET was made, not the costume. In the pics posted next you can see the Mark VII helmet.

BTW, I do not think I have wrote "something like that", it's not a crime man. It's human being wrong, or I think so :lol

Then what suit was he wearing when he was laying on the ground during the main battle?

Mark VII was CGI, show me a single proof it was not. All the costumes on set were Mark VI:

the-avengers-iron-man-on-set.jpg

imaz.jpg

ON THIS PIC YOU CAN SEE Mark VII HELMET:

Iron-Man-Armor-in-The-Avengers-Set-600x813.jpg

Last edited:
i think if they w8 to long with updating they will lose a lot of buyers.

i think it's smarter to sell something befor it's out then later but maybe i am wrong :p

A $250 deposit for something not delivered in two years time?

Little to no communication from the seller during that time?

Isn't that normally ban worthy on the RPF?

I just checked the MKVII CGI Files I have from Legacy and it appears that this slightly altered vent comes from early renders of the armour that were later modified to the "traditionnal" (MK2 to 6) design.

Shame because I liked this alteration and I hope that eFX won't go with the later design.

Sounds about right. Literally every shot of the Mk7 from the movie I've seen features the original top vent, and they're all CGI.

Again the only scene where an actual Mk7 helmet prop was used was the end of the battle scene with RDJ lying on the floor, in which case we can't even see the design of the helmet because of Thor's manly hands ;)

Considering all the bad rap I'm hearing about eFx, I may just stick with the MR Mjolnir instead... I mean it's not 100% accurate, but I'd rather get something that I paid for!

A $250 deposit for something not delivered in two years time?

Little to no communication from the seller during that time?

Isn't that normally ban worthy on the RPF?

Yes, exactly.

But the eFX fanboys will bend at the knee and still pre-order no matter how long the wait and no matter how poor their communication is. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to put a large deposit down until there's a for sure release date on that item.

Now, it may not have had the wider vent, but I seem to remember Iron Man's helmet for the Mark VII lacking the groove and bolt detail on the bottom of the chin. Did anyone else notice this, or was it just me?

-Nick

Now, it may not have had the wider vent, but I seem to remember Iron Man's helmet for the Mark VII lacking the groove and bolt detail on the bottom of the chin. Did anyone else notice this, or was it just me?

-Nick

Correct bolt detail on the sides of the chin don't seem to be there in some shots others it is there. The notch in the gold section is just flipped over into the red now for some reason.

Yes, exactly.

But the eFX fanboys will bend at the knee and still pre-order no matter how long the wait and no matter how poor their communication is. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to put a large deposit down until there's a for sure release date on that item.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I had put that kind of money down on an SS replica in this economy. Having said that, either the product is coming out and those who preordered will get their TIE or it's not and eFX will return the money. Yes, it's ridiculous that there has been essentially no communication from the company but the issue will be resolved at some point, they're not going to steal anything. We've had lots and lots of SW stuff to keep us occupied since the TIE was announced. However....it would make me quite wary about ordering any of The Avengers stuff in advanced. All in all...it seems like I can't make my mind up about how I feel lmao :p

I think I might just pre-order when the window is open. No telling how fast these will sell out once they are released given the popularity of the props. Shame though, marketing clearly dictates that these items should have been ready for immediate sale the week the movie was released, if not sooner. Strike while the iron is hot, out of sight, out of mind - and all that jazz.

Bump to keep interest on this...
Incredible how there are already products forthcoming in time for MIB 3, yet the biggest movie of the summer is left in the dust...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back