eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

Yeah, I'm gonna guess it'll probably be more like $500 :cry

I'd guess 699.

I say that because the TOS Viper helmet was 599 and material/construction wise I don't see much difference. I figure IM"s eyes will light up and there may be some automation (face plate popping up) which would eliminate any cost advantage to the viper helmet. Then, i'd have to imagine the Marvel license cost them a good deal more than the old battlestar license. So, more than 699 wouldn't surprise me either. And that's without gold plating.

I didn't know that EFX needed deposits for their preorders.

If that is the case, the delays and lack of communication is unacceptable. Are they trying to repeat Icons excellent business practices?

Avengers just cleared 200 million in one weekend and EFX can't even get their act together to capitalize. Sorry but that is pathetic . . .

And lack of communication for customers who have actually paid a deposit is unprofessional. It gives me the impression that EFX is a company doing it with smoke and mirrors and has maybe 8 guys working out of a garage or something.

Very much doubt there will be any automation as there was never any in any of the real suits for the movies. It was all 100% cgi. But I do agree $700 would be my guess for the helmet.

I'd guess 699.

I say that because the TOS Viper helmet was 599 and material/construction wise I don't see much difference. I figure IM"s eyes will light up and there may be some automation (face plate popping up) which would eliminate any cost advantage to the viper helmet. Then, i'd have to imagine the Marvel license cost them a good deal more than the old battlestar license. So, more than 699 wouldn't surprise me either. And that's without gold plating.

[/B]

If that is the case, the delays and lack of communication is unacceptable. Are they trying to repeat Icons excellent business practices?

Avengers just cleared 200 million in one weekend and EFX can't even get their act together to capitalize. Sorry but that is pathetic . . .

And lack of communication for customers who have actually paid a deposit is unprofessional. It gives me the impression that EFX is a company doing it with smoke and mirrors and has maybe 8 guys working out of a garage or something.

This is what I've been saying all along. :rolleyes
They make an outstanding product. Nobody will deny them that. I just can't understand why they they don't listen to potential customers and bridge the lines of communication. I mean, it's not like they aren't aware of our grieviences. They are members here. You'd think they would read threads concerning them (seeing as we are their target audience) and act on them.

Very much doubt there will be any automation as there was never any in any of the real suits for the movies. It was all 100% cgi. But I do agree $700 would be my guess for the helmet.

[/B]

I meant more along the lines of having a system that lets the facemask slide back. Maybe not powered, but maybe custom hinge design or something. Basically, more engineering costs than the viper helmet.

I find it funny that they're making the Thor helmet for the Avengers when I don't think it made the film. It barely made the screen in the Thor film as it was. Cool helmet, no doubt, but supremely little screen time in 5 hours worth of the movie. Maybe 60 seconds...?

Its a hard balance between controlling public relations and dealing with delays of production. much worse if you have no control on the production timing due to out of country issues such as quality control, unexpected changes made by the factory, unexpected changes demanded by the licensee, etc.

But when a company feels it can be open and honest, it should. If it gets out of control, they need to know how to cut it off and keep control even if it means moderating their own forum to do so.

Given some of the EFX staff is from MR and have experienced the negative side of such, I understand why they don't want to post. But a really good marketing team knows how to control the conversation to their advantage and should always make an attempt to do so.

I agree that EFX has dropped the ball on this and needs to get their act a bit more together. I was really excited for this company but after having difficulty getting anything or even knowing when an item is ready for distribution has destroyed my interest in them.

The Thor helmet isn't necessary but some Thor fans would want it, no doubt. When I think of Thor, I think of his hammer, not his helmet.

$350 pre-order deposit for TIE fighter paid on 18 OCT 2010.
Advertised Q1-2011 shipping deadline passed.
25 SEP 2011, the ONLY eFx TIE update with new deadline Q4-2011.
Now May 2012. E-mails to eFx are ignored. :angry

WOW . . .

We are approaching 2 YEARS since deposit of 350 dollars was paid for a product that has had essentially no update??

I've never ordered anything from Efx and if this is indicative of how they treat their customers, I never will.

These guys are done if they keep this up . . .

Which is crazy because I suspect I represent their target demographic.

WOW . . .

We are approaching 2 YEARS since deposit of 350 dollars was paid for a product that has had essentially no update??

I've never ordered anything from Efx and if this is indicative of how they treat their customers, I never will.

These guys are done if they keep this up . . .

Which is crazy because I suspect I represent their target demographic.

Two years Have you tried calling or contacting them?
I don't even think a credit car card company will reimburse you after that much time has gone by ? Thats pathetic sorry man

$350 pre-order deposit for TIE fighter paid on 18 OCT 2010.
Advertised Q1-2011 shipping deadline passed.
25 SEP 2011, the ONLY eFx TIE update with new deadline Q4-2011.
Now May 2012. E-mails to eFx are ignored. :angry

That's eFX for you. They're very good at ignoring customer complaints and even better at not giving any updates. Some people are still waiting for Luke helmet replacements. It's totally unacceptable to ignore your customers.

What I don't understand is that EFX is the official License holder for a movie back by Marvel and Disney.... MARVEL & DISNEY! I would think that those 2 giants would have some say in making sure EFX is able to turn out the products and provide good customer service or at the very least the people at EFX would not want to be a bad representative for either Marvel or Disney.

I think in terms of the potential problems that having a moving iron man faceplate would present, they wont do it, my guess it'll be a 1 piece helmet with light up eyes and padding, although no one would be able to actually get it on their head, EFX really need to move on this soon or they will have missed the biggest boat leaving shore this decade!

Am I missing something? No new Iron Man helmets were made for the movie Avengers. The helmets they used on set were Mark VI and ALL the Mark VII scenes are/were CGI. The only real costume ever made of the Mark VII was a half scale statue (1:2 size).

That's eFX for you. They're very good at ignoring customer complaints and even better at not giving any updates. Some people are still waiting for Luke helmet replacements. It's totally unacceptable to ignore your customers.

Has anyone sought legal advice? having to wait 2-3 years is a crime . why would they expect anyone to stand for that. What company would even take money 2-3 years out?
it has to be a scam if your asking for more time on top of time and not giving funds back.

Am I missing something? No new Iron Man helmets were made for the movie Avengers. The helmets they used on set were Mark VI and ALL the Mark VII scenes are/were CGI. The only real costume ever made of the Mark VII was a half scale statue (1:2 size).

LOL what? That is 100% wrong, should really take a look at what's out there before typing something like that out. Same hlemet as the Mark6
Go to 3:50 in the vid.
The Avengers - Raw B-Roll #1 (2012) HD - YouTube

Then what suit was he wearing when he was laying on the ground during the main battle?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back