eFX - BO-KATAN KRYZE HELMET - LEGEND EDITION

j97e

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Features:
  • $799 Plus Shipping and California sales tax (if applicable). For international customers, the price does NOT include any duties, taxes or fees levied by your country. FedEx will invoice you directly for those fees.
  • $275 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit required to place your pre-order
  • As Seen in the Star WarsTM Live-Action Series, The MandalorianTM, on Disney+
  • Worldwide Edition Size: TBD
  • Made From the Original Master Patterns Used to Create the Screen Used Prop
  • Screen Accurate Interior Details and Lining
  • Painter Master Created by the Original Prop Maker
  • Metal Support Ranger Finder
  • EFX Display Base
  • Metal Numbered Plaque
  • Prop Story
  • Certificate of Authenticity
Estimated to ship November/December 2023

BK1.jpg

BK2.jpg

BK3.jpg

Last edited:
I am incredibly excited about this and as soon as a preorder is up through Sideshow I will be grabbing one. It is worth noting that this paint master is a “real” helmet from Ironhead studio, meaning it is a printed helmet and done by their incredibly talented artists. Exactly the same as the real show used helmets. I actually saw this helmet in person at Ironhead.

That said, I am curious to see how well EFX does on their molds and how their casts turn out because I was very unimpressed with the poorly done Din casts. The things to watch for will be the ears, the small sculpted gap between the main helmet and back panel, and the range finder topper details. If the helmet does truly have accurate interior details, the fit of those pieces will be very interesting as well. I replicated Ironhead’s BOBF helmet with accurate interior details and it was only possible with a carefully planned cored mold so I wonder if they will do that or make sacrifices here and there.

I am also curious if this means we may see a “PCR” version of Bo down the road and what that might look like.

None of this is to say anything or warn anyone off of this helmet. A lineage Bo offering is absolutely something I love to see and I will without a doubt grab and paint one for myself. Just pointing out the reality that they are marketing with a “real” helmet, not an EFX made helmet.

Would appreciate some pics if anyone attends San Diego Comic Con where it's supposed to be seen live. A few pictures from the DenuoNovo stand would also be cool. But as Mr Mold Maker said, it doesn't say much who made the Master Paint Helmet, it's interesting what the production/China makes of it.

In this video EFX claims their helmets will be printed like the originals were, which honestly wasn’t even a possibility that crossed my mind. Prints need a lot more care and attention in clean up so this could be great.. or very well could be disastrous. I know that the material the real helmet was printed in takes quite a lot of work to remove the grow lines and polish up properly for finishing. I suppose they could print in something easier to sand like industrial “tough” resin but that will add weight and be much more brittle. This will be very interesting to follow and see how they do. I am honestly rooting for them, this is my favorite helmet next to ESB Boba and man I hope they do it right. At least right enough to be worth a repaint.

I saw it earlier today. It was very nice. EFx had only helmets and the skywalker hilt on display. The booth had less goodies out than typically on display at past conventions. If I’m back on the floor I’ll try to take photos later this weekend. Denuo novo is right by the eFx booth.

Last edited:
In this video EFX claims their helmets will be printed like the originals were, which honestly wasn’t even a possibility that crossed my mind. Prints need a lot more care and attention in clean up so this could be great.. or very well could be disastrous. I know that the material the real helmet was printed in takes quite a lot of work to remove the grow lines and polish up properly for finishing. I suppose they could print in something easier to sand like industrial “tough” resin but that will add weight and be much more brittle. This will be very interesting to follow and see how they do. I am honestly rooting for them, this is my favorite helmet next to ESB Boba and man I hope they do it right. At least right enough to be worth a repaint.

Thanks for sharing!

I am incredibly excited about this and as soon as a preorder is up through Sideshow I will be grabbing one. It is worth noting that this paint master is a “real” helmet from Ironhead studio, meaning it is a printed helmet and done by their incredibly talented artists. Exactly the same as the real show used helmets. I actually saw this helmet in person at Ironhead.

That said, I am curious to see how well EFX does on their molds and how their casts turn out because I was very unimpressed with the poorly done Din casts. The things to watch for will be the ears, the small sculpted gap between the main helmet and back panel, and the range finder topper details. If the helmet does truly have accurate interior details, the fit of those pieces will be very interesting as well. I replicated Ironhead’s BOBF helmet with accurate interior details and it was only possible with a carefully planned cored mold so I wonder if they will do that or make sacrifices here and there.

I am also curious if this means we may see a “PCR” version of Bo down the road and what that might look like.

None of this is to say anything or warn anyone off of this helmet. A lineage Bo offering is absolutely something I love to see and I will without a doubt grab and paint one for myself. Just pointing out the reality that they are marketing with a “real” helmet, not an EFX made helmet.
You captured my thoughts exactly…

And while the paint master looks beautiful, I’m curious what the actual production pieces will look like…

I would love to pick one of these up for my wife who is making a Bo, but I’m also curious about the sizing…

Might have to wait and see on this one…

Sean

You captured my thoughts exactly…

And while the paint master looks beautiful, I’m curious what the actual production pieces will look like…

I would love to pick one of these up for my wife who is making a Bo, but I’m also curious about the sizing…

Might have to wait and see on this one…

Sean

Assuming they don’t change anything and use the real files as they say, it is a SMALL helmet. I have a 23” head and I tried to put the real helmet on.. it stopped at my brow. It was like a Bo-Katan hat haha. The restriction isn’t the helmet itself, rather it’s the ring around the bottom that is used to reinforce the helmet, attach the gaskets to, and hide the bottom edge of the liner. I would say if your wife has a 21-22” head it would probably fit. 23+, unless they modify it, will probably have trouble.

You mean the originals were FDM printed?
The originals were SLS printed in Nylon. I think I can say that. There is a specific name/number to it. Super strong and light weight, just difficult stuff to sand and prep. Hopefully we will see EFX’s listing updated with more specific information as to exactly what they’re doing these in.

Is the interior of the screen used helmet mostly cloth? The multi colored pattern of the interior is interesting. Maybe that was done just in case the interior happens to appear on screen.

I talked briefly with Larbel, who was very helpful. I believe he said the helmets were printed in abs just like the screen used helmets, but I may be misremembering as it was a busy day. Paint job is taken from the helmet they scanned. The helmet was relatively light compared to a fiberglass helmet. The tactile feel of the helmet exterior is distinct and very cool.

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

IMG_2683.jpeg
IMG_2685.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back