eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

Am I correct in assuming the lenses were scuffed intentionally for the weathered look? Both sets of lenses are scuffed. Still no word from EFX on getting a replacement dome...

Am I correct in assuming the lenses were scuffed intentionally for the weathered look? Both sets of lenses are scuffed. Still no word from EFX on getting a replacement dome...

I can live with the lenses, but I hope to get a new dome for sure? I wonder if this is a common request and they just don't have the means to replace so many domes?

I'm also curious to see what kind of attachment set up is on the 'Limited', I have one ordered too and can always use that dome in place of this one?

H

Last edited:
The dome is sitting lower than it does on my piece and others seen so far. The tricky thing is what's actually causing the lower than normal, is it the dome or could the defect be on the mask? Gino says it's ok, maybe just request a replacement mask Chewie15 the lenses do have some fine scratches on them like a pair of used sunglasses but those lenses or way too scratched unless you're ok with them.

Last edited:
Maybe it would be good if we could see the inside of the dome and also a photo of the mask itself showing the mounting ring to see if there is any difference? It shouldn't be entirely covering the top nose slot, as virtually all the scenes (apart from the Leia detention cell scene that someone mentioned) show otherwise.

can some of you PM me the amount you paid for shipping to the US? I'm on the payment plan, which adds the shipping to the last payment. I'm trying to find out how much that will be.

For those who'd wonder, shipping to Montreal, Canada was $168.42. I haven't been hit with a FedEx invoice yet .. I suspect it'll come in the mail later for about another 200$ of brokers fees ... I hate FedEx.

Glad you enjoyed the 3D! :)

I use a Photoshop to do it. Old school, but it works.

It created a very educational resource! I had to wear my 3D glasses in reverse though, with red over my left eye. I wonder if the camera has a setting or if there's meant to be an international standard where red=right-hand-side.

Maybe it would be good if we could see the inside of the dome and also a photo of the mask itself showing the mounting ring to see if there is any difference? It shouldn't be entirely covering the top nose slot, as virtually all the scenes (apart from the Leia detention cell scene that someone mentioned) show otherwise.

You know, I think Leia was more interesting to look at than Darth's nose slot, honestly! :behave

These 3D glasses of mine have been pretty worthless until now. This 3D pops!

Yep, really cool! :)

I like very much what eFX has done even though I have not bought such a helmet.
But my favorite ANH remains clearly the masterpiece from Sith Lord.
There is nothing like custom handmade, like in every area.
But the eFX is also a very nice helmet. If I was an diehard collector, I would certainly buy one. :thumbsup

In the meantime there are now people who think anything goes.
I saw 3'500.- for an eFX Legend on a trading platform. That's close to the Swarovski... :facepalm :lol

The paint would of disappeared already if it wasn't for these 2 factors. I have to keep the helmet intact for possible replacement.
I'm aware of most dents and blemishes concerning a Vader faceplate, BUT..... I need to verify if these 2 anomolies are from the mold or just due to efx negligence.

Dent on right side of nose.
IMAG0146.jpg

dent on the right eyebrow.
IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Methinks it was accidently dropped seeing how the perpendicular angle of the dents coinside with each other if it didn't come out of the mold like that.
damage1.jpg

Not only that:rolleyes One lense resembles a Rubies Supreme lense in the way it bubbles in the middle and straightens out before it hits the edge, Difficult to spot hense the arrow. The other ones perfect.
IMAG01442.jpg

Other than that, it seems fine....#109:lol
IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back