Echo station three-t-eight. We've spotted imperial walkers.

Locry

06202012006.jpg

Gettin' it done!!!! Yeah!!!

06212012.jpg

Slow and steady... :)
Blizzard 1,2 and 3

06232012.jpg

06242012004.jpg

06242012005.jpg

(i'm using an old celphone cam so bear with me. :) )

Last edited:
Experimented with the wash and weathering... used Valejo pigments, and Tamiya's flat black acrylic. Getting there I think...
06252012005.jpg

Veers: What do you think pilot, is it to my scale?
Driver: A tad smaller I would say... idiot scratch builders...
Trooper: Yeah, but these side guns are b1tchin!

Yep, scratch built. Still a ton of work do be done. Thanks!
06282012003.jpg

"Utini! This isn't our ride... sorry rust buckets... we walk from here..."

Last edited:
Thats some serious scratching skill there! I can look at walker pics all day long. :love

Heres the bottom of one of the studio models.
kg_at-at_-104.jpg

Pic from MMM.

Thanks for the reference pic... gotta fill up that underside with greeblies. :) My "rails" seem to be a bit anorexic... oh well. :)

Ey!!! Thanks a lot for the link!!! Will help a lot!
Is this link "common knowledge"? I mean... this is the first time I have seen those pics.
Thanks again! Yeah baby!

MMM is good for reference. It doesnt have a reference section, so you have to search.

A thing I noticed on your build, is that your head might be a little more sharp in the angle between the back and the front / \ (if looking under it).

It doesnt have to be a problem, but it may give you proportion issues. It may of course be the camera angle fooling me.

Last edited:
hmmmmm, I'll check on that angle you mentioned, maybe the reason why my rails look anorexic? :)

The head on that particular shot is angled down a bit, so the angles might look more acute than they really are. But i'll check just to be sure. :) I'll take a snapshot of the top.

06302012001.jpg
top shot, what i'm seeing in this photo is slightly different in reality... i think it has something to do with my phone cam? hahaha... too lazy to use a proper digicam.:facepalm
06302012.jpg

hmmmm, what's missing?
06302012004.jpg

Admiral Piett: PROPER ladder rungs! That's what's missing!
Snow Trooper: Aw dang... now they'll have us actually climb those things. Demmit!:angry I liked them better when they were just "suggestions" :love

I love your head build up! Will be cool to see what you do with the detailing, like how the latter will work out. In my imagination Ive never seen them as latters. Have you seen the IMPS fanfilm? Theres a lot of AT-AT action in it. Could be a nice inspiration for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DuPhaUhGrc

Heres the top view of the studio model (gotta love that scribing!):

kg_at-at_-090.jpg

Even if the curve isnt 100% the same, I wold have keep it as it is. This is your interpretation as an artist and it looks great. :thumbsup

Last edited:
Thanks! The way I see it, this is what a real life At-At should look like :) I'd never put a jerry can in the underbelly.:$ Random greebles are acceptable... to a point. Some just look.... uhhhhh.... off.
They are ladder rungs right? I'm not really sure, I think they are... leading up to that mini hatch. If they were... the original rungs were un-climable.

Btw... I HATE SCRIBING!!!!!
I haven't gotten to the foot pads yet... I'm trying to figure out how to apply the panel lines. Will just use some sort of pin striping tape... then build up a layer of primer. OR just use tape/film to make the panels... then molding. :confused

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back