EASY ARC REACTOR. Period.

Well I decided to give this a shot...I have a little hotglue mess with the center LED and I realized after the fact that I should have made 10 copper windings instead of just 8 :facepalm but hey its my first go at it. I decided to use Stealth's idea of the coffe mug top. I pulled the metal ring off the plastic and it slipped over the sink stopper PERFECTLY.

Thanks for the ideas! :cool

Looks great! Yeah, the stealth tutorial was my first plan, but I couldn't find any coffee tumblers that were big enough for my costume. Nice hybrid lol Thanks again to Stealth. For my ring, I just carefully used 2 hole saws and a piece of acrylic from Home Depot

Well I decided to give this a shot...I have a little hotglue mess with the center LED and I realized after the fact that I should have made 10 copper windings instead of just 8 :facepalm but hey its my first go at it. I decided to use Stealth's idea of the coffe mug top. I pulled the metal ring off the plastic and it slipped over the sink stopper PERFECTLY.

Thanks for the ideas! :cool

Hi forgive me if it has been answered but what did you use to light it? I have an Expo in 4 days and my arc reactor lighting is poor to say the least. Thanks in advance

Paul

Andy, I gotta say that's just about the most clever and innovative thing I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing, great discovery (and work).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back