E-11 blaster wire color

7-11 Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks. Does anyone have any reference photos that show the coiled wire color from the Hengstler counter to the mag cylinders on the e-11s? I know most use black, but I remember from years ago that there was some debate about them being red and green on Luke’s blaster on the Death Star, and I can’t find any reference shots to that anywhere.

Appreciate the help!

This one on the Tantive 4 looks like it has a red wire.
EAE3DE4D-E079-429B-8E42-4530658ACEB1.jpeg

I got my cylinders mounted, I oriented them parallel with the barrel because I like how it looks. As soon as the e6000 dries I’ll attach the wires… somehow…
41E7011A-7A6B-42AB-8CCB-C166A7198282.jpeg
80F64826-9D46-4B0B-B146-B09A1CDE4155.jpeg

Green and Red are rumored to be the colors of the Coiled Wires shown in the "Chronicles of Star Wars" book (pages 52 & 91). Even though the blaster images were printed in black & white which makes this difficult to confirm. Someone had seen the restored prop in person or the original color photographs and stated the wires were Green and Red.
xbyBK30.jpg
qd2BbMQ.jpg
u4PqKXK.jpg

Just keep in mind this E-11 blaster was actually restored for the very purpose of publishing that book and those wires were added post-production, it is an official Lucasfilm licensed publication though. And I will say that it's always been my favourite go-to version of the E-11 from staring at this book ever since I was young.
3mMex47.jpg

The wires seen onscreen appear to be more straggled and wrapped in electrical tape, but I still prefer the cleaner look of the coiled wires even though it's technically not "screen accurate".

The Green and Red color of the coiled wires were somewhat confirmed when Lucasfilm released this illustration in the "Imperial Handbook" which is also an official licensed publication and considered to be 'Canon'.
3H9Zza7.jpg

There is also another official Lucasfilm licensed publication called 'Star Wars Blueprints' that shows coiled wires on the E-11 blaster.
main-qimg-c8a7f51242ebf1d0fd89b34ae7165d18-lq.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like some of the E11s in ANH have power cylinders on the mag well but no box counters.

In that configuration, are there wires coming out the back of the power cylinders? If so, where does the other end of the wires go?

It looks like some of the E11s in ANH have power cylinders on the mag well but no box counters.

In that configuration, are there wires coming out the back of the power cylinders? If so, where does the other end of the wires go?
I don't think there are any examples of wires with no box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back