Need some help determining what color this is?

DalekNim

I'm about 90% done with my Jayne Cobb cosplay full build but I could use some opinions about the color on one piece of the outfit. The item in question is his M65 jacket. The actual prop has a fur lining on the collar but with only one reasonable reference image I'm having a little trouble deciding what its actual color is. I also haven't been able to find any written reference on the color as well. From the pic (attached) it appears it could be either a dark grey or even possibly a green? I understand that set lighting can have a huge impact on the actual color of the coat but I'm trying to be as screen accurate as possible given current limitations ...

Attachments

• jaynes coat.jpg
    jaynes coat.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 34
Assuming the costume designer actually used a real M65 field jacket - I have found no reference to confirm this - in the literature there is no version of this uniform which had a fur collar so I assume they just added that to the jacket. Looks to me dark grey but my wife said it was green which is why I decided to see what others think ...

If you can identify the episode(s) where he wore that, I can try to capture some additional screens in different lighting.

If you can identify the episode(s) where he wore that, I can try to capture some additional screens in different lighting.
Hmmm ... that image is from a 450 pg book I have all about the show so it's not immediate obvious but I think I can probably figure it out with a little research ... thx!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back