Dwarven Warrior of Erebor (Phase 1 complete) - The Hobbit

Re: Dwarven Warrior of Erebor - The Hobbit

Details on the dome are done, dwarvish knotwork has been painted on the dome and I started doing the face mask.
helmet_06.jpghelmet_07.jpg

Holy cow! This was easily the coolest armor from the Hobbit trilogy to me and its you are replicating it perfectly, good job man!

Here's the next piece on the helmet. All I did was sculpt and afix this piece, no greeblies on it yet
helmet_08.jpghelmet_09.jpg

Last edited:

And done. Sculpting. Helmet should be ready for painting in the next few days. What's left now is the belt buckle and some adjustments on the shoulder, because the helmet now blocks movement of my arms when I lift them up.

helmet_10.jpghelmet_11.jpg

Final testfit. Tunic should be a little shorter and the shoulders need smaller straps so they rest on my own shoulders better. Almost ready for battle
2016-06-21.jpg

Re: Dwarven Warrior of Erebor (Testfit on page 3) - The Hobbit

That's looking fantastic! The proportions are great!

That's looking fantastic! The proportions are great!
Thank you, I'm glad I didn't end up looking too bulky/skinny.
Last missing item for the first run this weekend is done. I gotta admit I didn't check the reference pics often enough so I missed some details of the buckle. But it'll do for now.
Armor_30.jpg

Woah this is awesome! Very nice work. The way you did the silver paint layers gave me some ideas for my own build, thanks :D

I saw you at the Comic Con Germany! Was nice meeting you! (I was the guy saying I saw you on therpf.com)

Really impressive costume, it was like having a giant dwarf beside me :-D

I saw you at the Comic Con Germany! Was nice meeting you! (I was the guy saying I saw you on therpf.com)

Really impressive costume, it was like having a giant dwarf beside me :-D
Thanks man, was nice meeting you, too.

The dwarf made it through his first battle but not without some damage. The right hip armor ripped at the seam where it's attached to the chest piece.
I need to reinforce the seam from the inside. Luckily the damage happened underneath the belt and the paint came off together with the wood glue underneath. Should be easy to repair. Another thing that happend was the belt being to tight and bending the front edge of the chest armor. I was able to just punch that dent out from the inside of the chest but I need to reinforce that part, too. I also need to attach the belt to the chest armor sides with screws or something so the belt is affixed in the front but pulls on the sides rather than on the front. This should solve these problems.

Out of curiosity, I've started my first sculpt, the missing boar plates on the shoulderstrips. I have no idea what I'm doing and how to use all the carving tools I bought.
armor_31.jpgarmor_32.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back