Dune (2021) Still Suit build

It’s already there, with or without your files. They are using full leather solution.
View attachment 1518714View attachment 1518715View attachment 1518716
Have seen the same pictures on several websites and ETSY. Jump suit looks like it could be a good base. More than likely would need some mods. Definitely scrap all the pleather unless your not concerned about accuracy. In my experience before i started making my own what you get almost looks nothing like the pictures.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, but I was crunching hard on this build for a convention this past weekend. Safe to say this costume is officially COMPLETE. I can rest finally :lol:

I filmed the rest of the process for my IG reels (@carmenvalentina) and TikTok (@carmenvestrada) series which ill be uploading throughout the rest of the week. I didn't take much "in progress" photos though, just videos since I was on such a tight deadline. But ill share with you guys the photos I did manage to get, and once I start going through my in-cosplay photos ill be sure to share them here too!

The hardest part was probably the leg ribbing and trying to figure out the pattern for the cloak. For the leg ribbing, I covered the foam caulking dowels in the same fabric as my suit and sewed each one into it's own pocket. For the cloak, it was difficult but I believe I figured out a pretty accurate pattern for it though after a lot of mock-ups. I custom dyed the fabric, which was crinkle gauze cotton. I used two separate versions of it (one has a weave that just goes along the grain and the other is more a true gauze that has a weave going both along the grain and across. I left the true gauze in the dye bath a lot longer to get it a bit darker like in the film, and used that for the hood/scarf wrap. I also dyed linen for the shoulder detail, top of hood and arm ribbing like in the film.

All the foam parts were airbrushed with neutral grey paint and then weathered and dry-brushed with a bone color. I also airbrushed parts of the ribbing slightly with the neutral grey to give it the same look as the film. I plan on weathering the cape a lot more but given my time constraints it didn't happen. Ideally I would like to weather it and airbrush the bottom. The back dowels fall a little too low past the butt piece as they're supposed to stop there so ill have to shorten the under shirt a little later on.

If you guys have any questions, let me know
You have a really good eye for detail. Nailed it!!

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, but I was crunching hard on this build for a convention this past weekend. Safe to say this costume is officially COMPLETE. I can rest finally :lol:

I filmed the rest of the process for my IG reels (@carmenvalentina) and TikTok (@carmenvestrada) series which ill be uploading throughout the rest of the week. I didn't take much "in progress" photos though, just videos since I was on such a tight deadline. But ill share with you guys the photos I did manage to get, and once I start going through my in-cosplay photos ill be sure to share them here too!

The hardest part was probably the leg ribbing and trying to figure out the pattern for the cloak. For the leg ribbing, I covered the foam caulking dowels in the same fabric as my suit and sewed each one into it's own pocket. For the cloak, it was difficult but I believe I figured out a pretty accurate pattern for it though after a lot of mock-ups. I custom dyed the fabric, which was crinkle gauze cotton. I used two separate versions of it (one has a weave that just goes along the grain and the other is more a true gauze that has a weave going both along the grain and across. I left the true gauze in the dye bath a lot longer to get it a bit darker like in the film, and used that for the hood/scarf wrap. I also dyed linen for the shoulder detail, top of hood and arm ribbing like in the film.

All the foam parts were airbrushed with neutral grey paint and then weathered and dry-brushed with a bone color. I also airbrushed parts of the ribbing slightly with the neutral grey to give it the same look as the film. I plan on weathering the cape a lot more but given my time constraints it didn't happen. Ideally I would like to weather it and airbrush the bottom. The back dowels fall a little too low past the butt piece as they're supposed to stop there so ill have to shorten the under shirt a little later on.

If you guys have any questions, let me know
Great work! How did you make the knee pads? Are they 3D printed or crafted on foam?

My tiny update: I’ve got my gloves!
They’re less than CNY50(around USD8-6)

I have to buy two pairs, one for the base, one for the wrist part.
85DB1132-59D1-462B-8A8D-776AE7B6B084.jpeg

Incoming photo dump of a pretty much complete neoprene kit.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_20211207_191711.jpg
    IMG_20211207_191711.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20211207_191751.jpg
    IMG_20211207_191751.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20211207_191726.jpg
    IMG_20211207_191726.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20211207_191657.jpg
    IMG_20211207_191657.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20211207_191434.jpg
    IMG_20211207_191434.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20211207_190942.jpg
    IMG_20211207_190942.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20211207_190813.jpg
    IMG_20211207_190813.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 247
Thank you.

And YES it is a 3D printed part however i do not have permission to share the files for that part though I can print them and send them out to people.
Ok thanks, I was just curious if it was a found part. I can get my son to print one. Almost looks like cord keepers.

Last edited:
Just found the thread, Loved the Worldwide hunt for the buckle. :love:

Reverse image searches on Google have helped me in the past (y)

Great work! How did you make the knee pads? Are they 3D printed or crafted on foam?
Hey! the knee pads were made from 4mm foam, Kobracast by Worbla and 2mm foam. I basically made the pattern with double seams in the 4mm foam and then attached a layer of the 2mm foam on top by using the Kobracast sandwiched in between

That’s incredible! Totally can’t tell it’s made from foam!
Hey! the knee pads were made from 4mm foam, Kobracast by Worbla and 2mm foam. I basically made the pattern with double seams in the 4mm foam and then attached a layer of the 2mm foam on top by using the Kobracast sandwiched in between

Wore my stillsuit for the first time for a test fit shoot today.

Here is a sneak peak at what it looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-182236~2.png
    Screenshot_20211208-182236~2.png
    540.2 KB · Views: 202

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back