Droid Caller Clip?

Lindy

I'm nearing the finish of my ESB holster, and I'm struggling with the clip that holds the droid caller to the belt. Nothing aside from plastic seems to be able to retain its circular shape and hold the caller in place.

What have you guys used?

Ah, I get what you mean now. I looked at pics and all I can come up with is that it was fabricated out of a lightweight spring steel for the clip, but the plate that fastens to the belt seems to be a thicker metal. I'm guessing it was easier to make it by hand than search for a found item to use. Lonepigeon (Chris Trevas, The Parts of Star Wars) might know better than anyone, I would suggest PM'ing him.

Yeah sorry, its the circular clip that holds the caller to the belt. I'll try and find some aluminum, steel won't hold its shape. One and done.

What about those metal clips used for flashlights or rifles in cars? You could mod one of them to work, they are already spring steel. Worth a look. Aluminium will eventually lose its shape too.

Hey guys, I am short on time for C2E2 this Friday. I just finished the belt but need to finish my blaster and make a droid caller.
Has anyone found a hardware store belt holder? I know they make them for broom mounts.
I am using a sound effect unit from a R2D2 model for sound and light so I want to be able to pull it off and on.

Hey guys, I am short on time for C2E2 this Friday. I just finished the belt but need to finish my blaster and make a droid caller.
Has anyone found a hardware store belt holder? I know they make them for broom mounts.
I am using a sound effect unit from a R2D2 model for sound and light so I want to be able to pull it off and on.

Have you tried looking at flashlight clips too, you can find them at tactical and police gear shops, those might work.

The hardware store did have "Gripper Clips" in various sizes. I was able to cut and bend two of them to size. Buy more than you need because you may need to experiment.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back