DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

That looks awesome! How are the gloves? I've still been waiting to purchase some definitely going to size down on them nd I might grab both colors the english and lodon tan.

And just something I thought I'd share, I'm gonna go for the sunspel henley
Its not really like the one in the movie but I really love the way the collar looks.

Sunspel-SS-Henley.jpg

SS-Henley.jpg

I think itd look great under a levis jacket.

Hey that does look great! Link to the henley?

The watch is bad ass! I love the look. It's simple and really elegant. I'm so blown away by this replica. I've been wearing it since I got it in replacement of my Omega James Bond Seamaster. Not a scratch on it. Haha, it does look for a pocket watch! Its a big face! As for band, I'm going with this brown crocodile one. No idea how to swap the band, but we'll find out.
The gloves are outstanding. The feel when driving is so much more control. It feels like your hands are connected to the steering wheel, at least for me haha.
The fit on the gloves is exactly how benhs described it. I love the colors, and I can't wait until mine get the worn look. I opted for the more screen time one, London Tan. I really like english tan though.

Yup. I just needed to see the size of the the band. Im looking to see where he got it to share the source!

Are you referring to the source where you got your Patek or the source for a different leather band? This is the closest replica that I have been able to find thus far - Because I'm certain that there are many anxious people on this thread (myself included) who want to track down the website you found yours
patek-philippe-5196g-160054.jpg

The watch source. I bought it off craigslist off a guy in Cali. Not a replica dealer. I'm asking him where he got it but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Those look fantastic! Even if they aren't the type used in the movie, I'd still love to get some of them. Too bad they're so expensive. :p

Ha Yeah I know :/ they're made of some sort of egyptian cotton the cheapest I could find them is on there official website everywhere else they go for 90$.
When I do purchase some I'm going to grab a few different colors, don't think anyone has mentioned this but driver wore a blue henley with the trucker jacket a lot in the fillm and I thought that looked really cool and sunspel has one that looks pretty close in color. can't wait to pick up a few.

Last edited:
Ha Yeah I know :/ they're made of some sort of egyptian cotton the cheapest I could find them is on there official website everywhere else they go for 90$.
When I do purchase some I'm going to grab a few different colors, don't think anyone has mentioned this but driver wore a blue henley with the trucker jacket a lot in the fillm and I thought that looked really cool and sunspel has one that looks pretty close in color. can't wait to pick up a few.

I was thinking of getting different colors, too. I think he also wears a gray one in the elevator scene at the beginning (when he has his jacket draped over his shoulder).

I was thinking of getting different colors, too. I think he also wears a gray one in the elevator scene at the beginning (when he has his jacket draped over his shoulder).

Yeah and during the scenes from where he finds standard beatin and when he is at the dennys dinner visiting Irene, to me the charcoal one from sunspel looks exactly the same in color compared to the gray one in the movie.

Well Indy gave me the tracking number and it's coming in Tuesday!!!! I can't wait, I seriously feel like a kid on Christmas except I know what I'm getting and it's just making it worse! :lol

Indy seriously made this online tailoring experience a breeze, quick responsive emails from the other side of the world gives me hope for humanity. I might be looking into a leather jacket in the soon future and after all this it just might be through him again... as long as the sizes are ok (should be I measured a thousand times!)

This was a fun thread to follow ( and a fun forum to sign up for lol)

My jacket doesn't have the bad ass scorpion on it but I'm gonna line up a cool photoshoot for this baby regardless, will post pics soon :)

TL;DR: Can't wait for my Indy jacket, you guys are cool :cool

Hey I guess I'm happy I went with the grey after all! haha
Full Sized Photo of ryan gosling eva mendes holding hands 01 | Ryan Gosling & Eva Mendes: Holding Hands in NYC! | Just Jared
Also check out the custom Money 2's

I've seen a lot of photos of him on the set of drive wearing the grey ones sometimes he was in costume wearing them.
I meant to ask, you did size down on the gloves right? What's your normal size?
It'd be great to see more photos of how they fit the only ones I've seen are from behns.

Sure I'll get some pics coming up. I was in the city again today, really hoping on spotting Ryan haha. I was walking on Madison avenue and spotted a random Selima Optique. Walked in with the Money 2's and my boots and watch and they really got a kick out of it! Pics of ryan everywhere. I got to try on the chads too.

I'll get some pics up! I'm a little over 8 inches on the hand measurement, but I went with a 7.5 I think going .5 size down is good.
Oh and Chongo! Pics asap! haha

EDIT PICS Sorry camera isn't so good. I kinda screwed it up with some water haha
Bonus picture of a painting I copied with watercolors on a day off *I just graduated high school with 120 day vacation cut me some slack for painting another dude haha
378b42df.jpg

e0f47654.jpg

a4d02bb7.jpg

b6f69808.jpg

Last edited:
Sure I'll get some pics coming up. I was in the city again today, really hoping on spotting Ryan haha. I was walking on Madison avenue and spotted a random Selima Optique. Walked in with the Money 2's and my boots and watch and they really got a kick out of it! Pics of ryan everywhere. I got to try on the chads too.

I'll get some pics up! I'm a little over 8 inches on the hand measurement, but I went with a 7.5 I think going .5 size down is good.
Oh and Chongo! Pics asap! haha

EDIT PICS Sorry camera isn't so good. I kinda screwed it up with some water haha
Bonus picture of a painting I copied with watercolors on a day off *I just graduated high school with 120 day vacation cut me some slack for painting another dude haha
378b42df.jpg

e0f47654.jpg

a4d02bb7.jpg

b6f69808.jpg

Looks good the fingers don't look to long at all, im an 8.5 I might go for an 8 and damn man nice score on that watch! Looks so cool. I just graduated as well ha funny story I've wanted to be a stuntman ever since I saw a behind the scenes special from the movie "Death Proof" by quentin tarantino nd I think I might go for it, I've been looking into it a lot lately. And also been searching for my first car I'm going for a 1970 chevelle ss which is a malibu I've been into cars since I was 12 nd I've had my heart set on that car ever since, my dad got me into it. My white stacy adams should be coming in on monday I'll post some pics after I dye them with the angelus beige tuape, I tried it out on some old nikes and the color is perfect, it looks like an off white outside in the bright sun. I've been wearing the hell out of my gray boots, levis jacket, acne jeans and money 2s no comments from anyone(regarding the movie anyway ;) haha. I live in california about 3 hours away from la and I've been going out there a lot lately suprised no ones notice maybe once I get the gloves it'll be more obvious.

Ive been exchanging emails with indy, I'm looking to do a custom drive jacket instead of white satin with a brown trim it'll be a charcoal gray cotton with a black trim I was gonna go for waxed cotton but indy informed me that he only has waxed cotton in 3 colors. I'll keep you guys posted I'm hoping to get the jacket within the next 2-3 months.

I decided to try again with the Stacy Adams, but I wanted to know what types of things are okay to use on kidskin leather to help prevent squeaking. Or do I even need to worry about that?

I've read some reviews that complain about squeakiness even after being worn for a few weeks and others that don't even mention it. I ordered them today, so I should get them some time this week.

Well, my Indy jacket is in Louisville and everything with UPS is a green light. I should have my jacket tomorrow if everything at the border goes smooth.

As soon as I see that DHL truck rollin up... I'm goin ham

tumblr_m4cmpocCJz1qcd3n7o1_250.gif

tumblr_m442mtwhch1qk553k.gif

tumblr_leeqvxX3Bv1qdlkgg.gif

tumblr_m2fz2ro3Qd1qag4w7.gif

Looks awesome. I can't decide which version i should order. I have steady so of course not 2nd replica but quality is much better than steady, and no sewing on the top of the arms. I think that i will try to remove that from steady jacket because it doesn't fit.

Well the Magnoli jacket came today, and it is... magnificent. It is surprisingly warm for a light weight jacket.. the colour is spot on and any warmer would seem "off" to me. It is on the cooler side of ivory but in the sun it is almost gold. The look and material is 9.5 out of 10, it lost a .5 where I can see a mark where the inside pockets were sewn but I am a perfectionist to the end and this is really not a big deal. The inside (black) has a weird texture to me and didn't feel how I expected it to feel. The brown details feel strong and of a quality nature, the elastic around the waist and cuffs are very stretchy and are a 10 out of 10. Not sure whether to do a review video or pics first, but they will come soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back