Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

What is powering the Eye of Agamotto now? Can't be the Time Stone since that's already destroyed. In the new movie it glowed amber and not green.

Was it better than the first Doctor Strange? I wouldn't say so, but it wasn't bad either. I enjoyed it and I definitely loved that signature Sam Rami filming style! Only thing I disliked was, for a movie called The Multiverse of Madness, they didn't really go to that many multiverses.

As pointed out elsewhere, definitely a Sam Raimi movie. I won't gas as far as to say it sucked, but I felt like it's overall tone didn't quite fit in the MCU. A bit of a disappointment for me.

I have no idea how this film reads to a casual MCU fan, but I am overwhelmed in the best way. This film is the most rewarding for people who know the old comics. My mouth was, literally, wide open for the entire second half.

Of course the tone is different than other MCU films. It was constantly bullying me out of my comfort zone. If it was a more conventional franchise sequel (e.g. Dark World) I'm not sure I would have liked it as much. This was more like the hyperbolic magicks of the comics, and that is a good thing. This isn't Harry Potter; it's Dr. Strange.

This is movie earned its title in spades.

Last edited:
I saw a tweet regarding that out of focus pile of stuff just below the shield, spoilers will be popping up all over now!

"Spoilers" ?!?!? "Shield" ?!?!?

I was just happy they might be destroying some modern art. ;p

My Bed getting WHOOFTIED for the second time? Oh, yes please. Cgi of course. No one's gonna pay 3.7 mil just to destroy it.

I really enjoyed it. It was a decent Marvel outing that will be remembered more than many of their other films. Granted, visually it retains a lot of the Marvel dullness of cinematography, it does contain many striking visual concepts.

I enjoyed the cameos and Easter eggs in this film, especially because it did not rely on the audience’s understanding them for the plot to work. This is how it should be.

The biggest reason for success I think is that instead of this being a superhero movie, it was more a horror movie with superheroes in it. Honestly some of the most brutal moments in the MCU so far, which was cool.

#MakeSuperheroMoviesGenreMoviesAgain

Gotta say, was hoping for an 8 and got a 5.5. This movie looked really promising but just took forever to get going and then it was over. It had some cool stuff in it but over all it fell flat.

Probably an unpopular opinion but 100% Bruce Campbell's scene in it was lame. He didn't need to be there. Doesn't matter to me if he and Raimi are a thing. It was lame even as a wink wink easter egg of a scene. Top it off, Dr. Strange wouldn't have a man assault himself for a week because the man wanted to be paid for something he was rightfully owed for.
And the scene in the tunnel where they waited 3 hours for Wanda when she seemed blocked behind the door was JUST CRAP writing. They had no reason to stand there. They could have and would have just kept running if it had been well written, but nooooooooo for suspense purposes everyone in the scene had their brains fall out and proceeded to stare at the door. I HATE crappy writing like that. Also, I never really felt all that concerned over America. Her character was really just there to serve as a plot device and didn't have a lot of substance. They could have just made her character be another book that allowed people to travel across the multiverses that Wanda would want to get and it would have been the same story.

Last edited:
We went to see this at a local theatre that has a bar and grill inside, so no matter if it was good or bad, I still had $20 worth of boneless wings that were amazing.

I liked the difference in the colour Strange's magic in the opening sequence, with it being white I wonder if he is pulling from the same dimensional energy source as the Egyptian gods in Moon Knight as we saw being used by the Avatars in the Great Pyramid.

Also having Incursion Strange with the same purple magic as Agatha was a nice piece of shared continuity.

I enjoyed it. Saw it in 3D (I know I'm one of the few that still likes it) and there's some good stereoscopic effects. I liked the new character. Pacing was good for me. A little too gory/horror-y at times for me, but I guess that's Raimi.

A couple little spoiler-ish things:

I'm not sure I'm on board with all dreams being views of actual events in other parallel universes, but I guess I can let it slide.

The music note battle is a little goofy, though I'll give them points for trying something a little different. It did seem too cartoonish and reminded me of Fantasia though. Plus, how and why exactly are they able to take inked notes off of sheet music and turn them into weapons? I think the concept of using music as a weapon could've worked better if it was just manipulation of the actual sound waves of music, rather than whipping music notes at each other. Also reminded me if the also brief moment using music in Amazing Spider-Man 2 thatcwas also pretty goofy.

I enjoyed it. Saw it in 3D (I know I'm one of the few that still likes it) and there's some good stereoscopic effects. I liked the new character. Pacing was good for me. A little too gory/horror-y at times for me, but I guess that's Raimi.

I'm not sure I'm on board with all dreams being views of actual events in other parallel universes, but I guess I can let it slide.

The music note battle is a little goofy, though I'll give them points for trying something a little different. It did seem too cartoonish and reminded me of Fantasia though. Plus, how and why exactly are they able to take inked notes off of sheet music and turn them into weapons? I think the concept of using music as a weapon could've worked better if it was just manipulation of the actual sound waves of music, rather than whipping music notes at each other. Also reminded me if the also brief moment using music in Amazing Spider-Man 2 thatcwas also pretty goofy.
Matter and energy are interchangeable and transforming the inked notation to energy was no more or less believable than opening a portal with the wave of a hand or a sentient cloak. Just my take on the musical notes battle, which I thought was quite unique and visually interesting.

Totally agreed on both points. That note thing was just.... ugh. It might've helped a little if it had been established early on that they could even DO that.

The passing through one universe after another went on too long. Okay, I get it. Needed to cut out at least four of them. A cartoon one? Mmkay.

Enjoyed it overall, though!

Last edited:

Magical notes on a page are just another form of written language describing music, not unlike letters and words that describe vocal phonation and ideas.

If magic can arise from magical glyphs and incantations then couldn't notes and music be imbued with magic as well? I heard someone point out the room had a lot of musical instruments so maybe magic/music is more of a thing in that universe.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back