Dr Doom Mask - Pics

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by corpseguy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. corpseguy

corpseguy Well-Known Member

hey all

i wanted to show off some of the pics of this Dr Doom mask, its a full head piece. made of a resin. the quality and attnetion to detail is Really amazing. let me know what you guys think.

* Note ; this is NOT my work nore am i taking credit for it*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

let me know what you guys think.

2. The Death Curse

The Death Curse Well-Known Member

Joe, that's BEAUTIFUL. Whoever that artist is, he's VERY talented.

I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested.

Ryan

3. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WOW, might as well quit working on my sculpt, wow thats beautiful

4. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Awesome. I'd sure like one someday :D

5. JUDGE_HELLFAST

JUDGE_HELLFAST Well-Known Member

That looks awesome. The maker did a great job.

6. RONCULUS

RONCULUS Well-Known Member

Beautiful piece.
    :thumbsup
    Congratulations..

Ron

7. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

very VERY cool.

any chance this is related to david's doom post a while back? the background looks familiar.

damned fine sculpting job.

chris

8. corpseguy

Nope. not related to david's.

the backgrounds a workshop... i guess they all do kinda look a like :D

9. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:lol yea, they tend to. great minds think and decorate alike.

david had mentioned a friend of his making a doom noggin, thats what clicked in my head. never heard much about it after that though.

again, its a hell of a sculpting job. have you given thought to coating the mold with those aluminum powders to get the metal finish to it?

chris

10. corpseguy

Sadly i can't take credit for this piece.. as much as i wanted to. but that is a good point about the filler.. only problem is sanding, wire/steel wool.. which personally i hate lol

11. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

1. Is it wearable?
    2. Who do I contact for more details?

12. corpseguy

Yes it is Wearable.

PM sent

13. wtfjedi

wtfjedi New Member

now that is really sweet.

14. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Nice looking mask.

:thumbsup

15. fettster

fettster Sr Member

that looks really nice,

kylash327 dont give up on yours, it looked really nice

16. corpseguy

thanks for the feed abck guys :)

its a shame theres only a few of them now.

17. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Hey Joe,
    So, any updates on the mask?
    Please check your PM's.
    Chad

18. buckettt

buckettt Well-Known Member

Flippin awsome.

19. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Love the helmet.

20. Darth_Pain

Darth_Pain Well-Known Member

Sweet helmet.

21. Lello999

Lello999 Well-Known Member

Really amazing. Looks really great, now it does need a nice display case (like in the film) and it´s perfect.

Now I hope MR will so one or I´ll get it somewhere else.

Thanks for the pics
    Domenik

22. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

Emerson did a great job on that. It worries me that he finds the time to make something as amazing as that yet he hasn't sent me a single email since September about our transaction from last May.

23. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Hey Bat, check your pm's :)

24. lesternessman

lesternessman Well-Known Member

very nice... :D

25. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

I don't know how to say this, but I will just say it and I hope this thread doesn't get closed.
    I paid for one of these masks.
    The ship date has changed three times.
    Communication got screwy after money changed hands and ship date began to change.
    I was supposed to get a tracking number yesterday and still haven't gotten one.
    I had to open a complaint with PayPal. :angry

26. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

I just want to make all the board members who have sent payment for the Doom mask aware that there two threads over at the BOTB where members have had problems getting their stuff or a refund from Emerson.

The first thread from a few months ago is here:

http://com1.runboard.com/bbrotherhoodofthe...lectibles.t5138

And the second newer therad is here:

http://com1.runboard.com/bbrotherhoodofthe...lectibles.t5421

I really didn't want to have to post this info here thinking this was isolated to just a few members at the BOTB but it seems this is a much bigger problem than we originally realized after I got a PM from decaturvader this morning. He informed me that there is a possibility that other members here are having the same trouble. If you have sent payment for the Doom mask or any other item to Emerson, please contact me via PM. I just posted this message on the BOTB:

27. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

eek... perhaps I will finish my own sculpt afterall... hope everyone gets it worked out :(

28. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

So is "corpseguy" this Emerson person? I know when this thread first came out and asked questions about the mask to corpseguy, he would not give me any information about the sculpter and was very vague about other questions about the mask, glad I went with my gut feeling and decideded not to get the mask.

29. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

No, "corpseguy" is Joe. He is the middle-man if you will. He was the one who accepted payment for the mask once he got all the details from his source. Joe was great answering PM's and timely I might add.
    However, once payment was made...the NEXT day he PM's me that the ship date was gonna change and if I wanted a partial refund of the Express shipping charge. He said it would ship the following Wednesday, so I gave in and declined refund...it only amounted to a few bucks anyways.
    Then when it was supposed to have shipped, I PM'ed Joe for the tracking number...no reply. Thursday...no reply. Friday...no reply. I bumped this thread to the top, hoping if Joe was having trouble with PM that he'd get the hint...which I haven't seen him logged on to the forum at all lately.
    So. Come Saturday, no contact and obviously no package, i filed my PayPal complaint. He emailed me thru PayPal oblivious to the situation. Said he had been PM'ing me, yet I received none, but was receiving from other members just fine.

I could go on and on...but this is just crap. Joe says he is willing to pay me back out of his own pocket "within 5 hours today after talking to Emerson".

I think Joe picked a bad friend and I have a very sour taste in my mouth over the whole thing.

30. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Update.
    I got an email from Joe, timestamped at 4:46pm US Central Time that said Emerson JUST took the mask to his post office. I paid $55 per emersons request for 2-3 Day Express. Emerson tells Joe that his post office wanted $200 to ship next day, which he declined to pay, so it was mailed for $40 and due in on Monday the 13th.

He did provide a tracking number, but obviously, it shows as not known to the system....which, I have no faith that it is actually a real tracking number based on previous history. he coul dhave made it up just to keep me on the string that much longer.

I am saying this here and now, as a man of my word, I asked Joe to continue forward with my full refund via paypal. One click of a button and all is right.

I told Joe in the event I do infact receive a package Monday and it is in fact a mask resembling what was pictured in this thread, I will do the right thing and send funds back.

31. corpseguy

decaturvader - please email me your phone number

32. Jedirick

Jedirick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

decaturvader

PLMK how things work out.

Corpseguy

This post went from show off thread to sales promotion in under 5 hours. :(
    You can't sell in the main forum. You have the time in, but do not have the post count to gain admission to the JY. In otherwords, you can't sell anywhere on the RPF. Not for yourself or as a service to someone else. It's a small safeguard put in place here and one that unhappily has earned it's keep.

One of the reasons for that 90 day / 20 post qualifier is well illustrated just above.

BEFORE you request admission to the JY and after you have your chat with Decaturvader, It would be in your very best interest to publically clear the air about the responsibilities of your sales position as middleman.

33. corpseguy

Jedirick - wasn't ment to be this wa :( my apologies

decaturvader - Please contact me , Your Refund was sent from my own pocket. Please Contact me

34. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Update.
    Joe has send me back the required funds via PayPal as he said he would.

Joe- sent you email as you requested.

Thanks for your concern Jedirick- it is duely noted. I apologize if this thread turned into a JY post as I was the one who approached Joe. This is was a highly anticpated item, not even seen on eVILbay ..if it was available, I wished to know how. :)

I continue to check the tracking number that Emerson provided Joe and it still is not showing as a valid package.

35. Jedirick

Corpseguy-

I understand it was not ment to be this way. Unfortunately the RPF has built an UNimpressive collection of "not ment to B's". We are currently suffering from the effects of several horror transactions. Those seeds were first planted two or more years ago.

We will never be in a position to see zero mishaps but personnaly my tolerance for irresponsible handling of member's money is shot.

We don't possess hindsight and I do not hold the RPF or any of it's administrations responsible for the actions of individuals but I am going todo my best to be responsive much earlier in the process with the hope that others, such as decaturvader will follow suit. The continuing practice of members waiting months to come forward about a problem, then finding it has already reached a chronic level effect several members has to change.

I defend the right of ANY member to complain when a promised deadline has come and gone with no reasonable communication. I don't care if it's two months or two days. A member has a right to openly voice his concern when only silence greets his private inquiries. I'd rather a dozen buyers apologize for jumping the gun than have one guy left unhappy, empty handed and reluctant to come forth.

People want their stuff.

Decaturevader- looks like things are improving. let us know when you receive the item.

36. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

I'm sorry to have to post again but I just found a 3 page thread about Emerson on yet another forum:

http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/showthread.php?t=39617

There are even more people that were scammed. Some have been waiting for stuff since 2004 apparently. So now there are 3 boards where this criminal activity has been going on.

Joe, I just posted this on the BOTB and I'll post here too. I've collected a lot of evidence the last few days from many different people and almost everyone that contacts me accuses you of being a middleman in all this. Please email me ASAP. I don't want you to to get into trouble over something your friend did if that is the case. A lot of the people that have emailed me are accusing you of being his partner in this.

37. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Here is the tracking info Emerson sent Joe who inturn sent me:

Doom Mask tracking

I have never dealt with Canadian postage like this before, so I have no clue if the actual number, CE339290848TA is even a legit code.

It still shows no activity.
    I hate to open this can of worms, but if Emerson is in fact blatently ripping people off and Joe is typically the "middleman" or friend-just-helping-a-friend out sorta thing....if legal action is taken against Emerson, wouldn't that mean action against Joe for aiding? I mean, for comparison, it's like getting arrested for posessing stolen goods. If so, and if I were Joe, I'd make darn sure I knew which side of the fence I was on.

38. corpseguy

honestly? i was just trying to help a bud out. sadly i'm paying for it as well. again i'm sorry for whats happend here

39. Jedirick

Sucks to get scammed out of money or reputation. Sorry it happened to you but appears things may work out for you.

Please tell me you aren't rooming with this guy...

40. recoil

recoil New Member

I would think that if anyone could answer on this issue besides this emerson person would be Davidyr1 since he works with emerson on many of his projects that he has posted in the past. from what David has posted on here and on other boards showing emersons work it only makes since that he would know.

41. DAVIDYR1

DAVIDYR1 Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is Rimma, Dave's wife. Dave is away so he probably hasnt seen this post yet. Yes, Emerson is a friend of ours and in the past has worked with us but I can assure you that none of us were aware of any of this. Furthermore, Emerson hasnt been here since November of last year so to say Emerson works with us on many projects is unfair. When Dave was in over his head and needed extra hands he'd call Emerson to help. That is the extent of it and we certainly have nothing to do with any of his transactions. We'd like to stay out of this please. Dave will most certainly talk to Emerson about this all when he gets back but we do not want to get dragged into this.
    We appreciate your understanding here.

Rimma

42. corpseguy

ok guys. I'm the one who posted the pictures of the doom mask.
    Dave hasn't got anyhitng to do with this as was stated above.

I'm on top of this and i'm sorting it out.

This is between Me, Emerson and decaturvader and no one else.

Leave Dave and anyone else out of this matter as it doesn't concern them.

43. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

I just have to ask, based on information I have saved in PM's from you Joe, I am surprised that I am the only one who has come forward thus far. I was told that your PM inbox had to be emptied out due to the overwhelming response of the Doom mask.

There are no others who paid for one of these masks?? The mask has received a lot of attention, not just this one, but from other possible sculptors working on theirs as well....I can't find the one thread I was looking for, but a lot of people were anticipating the Dr Doom to get finished....that's why I jumped for the chance to get this one because it was finally done and posted.

btw, tracking number is still not reflecting as a valid number. has Emerson divuldged any more information regarding this issue? Has he paid you back yet?

44. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Hopefully, most RPF members know not to send money to anyone unless they are an established member, and they have a solid reputation within the community.

As we've seen in the past, even established members flak from time to time, but you better your chances by following the rules and doing your homework.

Lonnie

45. corpseguy

there was alot of interest and Alot of people did PM me and that is the true. Alot of people did just PM, liturally That.

46. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Update.
    Joe spoke with Emerson and there was a typo in the tracking number given to me.
    The new number does reflect an item in transit due to arrive Tuesday the 14th.

47. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

That's correct, David has nothing to do with this. There's no reason to have him involved in something he probably didn't even know about. I think what recoil meant was that since he and Emerson are friends, he might be another point of contact to reach Emerson. I don't think it's necessary since Joe is communicating with Emerson.

decaturvader, I'm glad the tracking number is working. I hope you do receive your mask. Joe just informed me that Emerson will be giving me a call tomorrow to speak about the situation with me and everyone else. Joe had called me before and I can tell you, he feels horrible about all this happening. I will keep everyone updated about this on all 3 boards.

48. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

I agree. It spoke volumes that Joe stepped up and issued a full refund and then settle up with Emerson. Now that the tracking number has been cleared up...well, I admit I am getting excited again to see this mask first hand and can't wait to post pics.

49. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

Emerson called me about 30 minutes ago and we spoke about the situation. He explained he had come upon some hard times last year and is now getting back on his feet. He said that he would ship out some of the orders he has ready to go to the people waiting for them this weekend. The rest of the orders that he can't complete will be refunded. He sounded like he would follow through on this so I will hold off on the complaint I was going to file this afternoon with the authorities. I explained to him that everyone just wants a solution with their orders, either a refund or the items they paid for. I told him no one on any of the boards wants to pursue legal action unless that is the only option available. I ask that everyone give him one more chance and not file a complaint just yet.

He asked me to do him a favor and get everyone's phone number that would like to speak to him directly. He said that he does not have access to the Internet all the time and his email is too full to sort through. He would like to talk to everyone personally about your order and will call me again Monday evening to get the phone numbers. If anyone would like to speak to him, email or PM your name and phone number to me and I'll pass it along on Monday. He also said he has a list of everyone that he owes so it is not necessary to email me your phone number unless you'd like to talk to him directly. I'll post this update on all 3 boards.

50. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

Emerson had posted this today on the BOTB. He said he doesn't have an account here so I'm copying and pasting it for everyone to see: