Donnie Darko Frank the Bunny - Original Mold

#13 is home. Thanks Art for making this happen.

d214.JPG

Whats the story now Art, not getting impatient. I hope you didn't deliver it to my house because I would probably never be there in time before its snagged.

#7 has arrived! I will get pics out as soon as I can. Just need to find a good setting, as my house tends to be a little cluttered.

Did you put a wipe board sign behind yours too? If so, that sure is a coincidence!

I bought a Detolf a few months ago for other things, but Frank trumped them all. The rest of the stuff got kicked out, which is why the top of the Detolf is so cluttered.

So all of the Franks have shipped and we only have 1 left... #1. This one will be going up on eBay to give everyone who didn't get in on this a chance to own one. I am left feeling a little bittersweet as I am sad to be done with Frank and my journey with this mask is finally over (after almost 8 years), but I am also relieved as I have never done a run of anything before and it is very stressful. Anyway, for what it is worth, here are the photos of #1. I never get tired of photographing this piece as it is so organic in shape that even a slight change of angle gives you a very different look.
frank-the-rabbit-no-1-a.jpg frank-the-rabbit-no-1-b.jpg frank-the-rabbit-no-1-c.jpg

To end that bittersweetness, I prescribe shipping one of them to my house...it was worth a shot. :lol*

Seriously, this has been amazing to watch. I'm still sad that my finances aren't in the place they need to be, this year, for me to have been able to get in on this run, but I'm glad that this was offered up at all. And seeing everyone's pictures is definitely cool. It's great to finally see Frank in people's collections.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: fantastic work, Art.

-Nick

*EDIT: Hey, this little smiley looks familiar! Is that the one I created? (Recolored and slightly retimed?)

Wow, saw someone sell #6 on Ebay yesterday for a "buy it now" price of $3000!!

UPDATE:

It also had the "or best offer" option, so maybe a lower offer was accepted. Not sure if there's a way to tell by looking at the old listing.

Last edited:
Wow, saw someone sell #6 on Ebay yesterday for a "buy it now" price of $3000!!

UPDATE:

It also had the "or best offer" option, so maybe a lower offer was accepted. Not sure if there's a way to tell by looking at the old listing.

I said they would probably go for that, but someone here acted like I was an idiot.

If you click on the "sold" listing, and it may say "sold for 2999.99." Which means it did sell.

That's a lot of dough.

I said they would probably go for that, but someone here acted like I was an idiot.

If you click on the "sold" listing, and it may say "sold for 2999.99." Which means it did sell.

That's a lot of dough.

it did sell for $2999... but its sort of a scary deal; the buyer is in Russia. i could end up losing the money and the mask.

good call, TxBabyHuey!

i assume at some point one of the masks will fall into the hands of a propmaker and they will make their own mold and masks?

jacobzking, you wouldn't ship the mask until he pays first, right?

it did sell for $2999... but its sort of a scary deal; the buyer is in Russia. i could end up losing the money and the mask.

good call, TxBabyHuey!

i assume at some point one of the masks will fall into the hands of a propmaker and they will make their own mold and masks?

jacobzking, you wouldn't ship the mask until he pays first, right?

i've already received payment. and i'm holding it for 10 days before I ship it. but even if I do everything right on my end, and the post office in Russia loses or steals the package, i'm SOL.

hmmm...
you could refund the money and relist it so you wouldn't have to worry. i did this once a while back for an expensive item i sold on Ebay.

i've already received payment. and i'm holding it for 10 days before I ship it. but even if I do everything right on my end, and the post office in Russia loses or steals the package, i'm SOL.

hmmm...
you could refund the money and relist it so you wouldn't have to worry. i did this once a while back for an expensive item i sold on Ebay.

Yeah sometimes I have it written, "Will not ship overseas!!!" and sometimes they can still bid and win. Normally I would try to contact ebay to make sure you won't get a penalty or something. I am sure Ebay would understand???

Let's see what Art's sells for, I'd like to see that one be the first sold on the bay.

Art you don't answer pms, so I will just ask since other people might want to know.

When did you plan on putting up the ebay mask? My friend flipped when he saw mine and I told him he MIGHT have a chance at one.

Sorry, have quite a backlog of PMs right now.

I am hoping to put the mask up on Monday. Just been super busy.

Art

Art you don't answer pms, so I will just ask since other people might want to know.

When did you plan on putting up the ebay mask? My friend flipped when he saw mine and I told him he MIGHT have a chance at one.

Sorry, have quite a backlog of PMs right now.

I am hoping to put the mask up on Monday. Just been super busy.

Art

Yeah it wasn't necessarily a call out, I knew you have been busy with this. Thanks again, I love it. My dad and I always place $1 bets on Pawn Stars, Antiques Roadshow to see who can come closest to the right guess on price. I am pretty good at it, so my prediction is $3250.

Anywhere here is Frank in his new home. I will make a custom case for this but for now a $65 IKEA Deltof works fine. I just wish I could have used the top two shelves for him
20130514_190115.jpg20130514_190029.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back