Donnie Darko Frank the Bunny - Original Mold

Philip made the plates for these and I could work on modifying the current file to add Richard in. Man... that would be sooo cool!

You could just design one that goes around it.

This is assuming he does appearances. I don't know what Richard Kelly's schedule is. But I know there is probably a Con somewhere where he'd might show up.

Thanks! It has been a lot of fun collaborating with so many talented people to make this happen.

The mold is now officially retired and being cleaned up from our castings... it is just going to sit on a shelf and collect dust. A little sad to see it just sit there, but I am very glad we had the chance to make a few collectors very happy!!

That's the way to do it! Sad I couldn't get in on this, but glad that those who have one truly have a unique piece.

Hope they all enjoy their new homes.

-Nick

Thanks again for offering a few. I never wanted a replica of Frank the Bunny just because all the ones I had seen til now were a little less than what I would want.

I cannot wait to see these.

Art you have pm...

I am guessing that the ebay one will go for $3000-$5000.

My prediction...

Then a few people will put their's on ebay and then the price slowly goes down.

Me...I am hoping I do not hit any financial troubles to where I have to sell it, because this is something I want to keep for some time.

"I am guessing that the ebay one will go for $3000-$5000.

My prediction..."

$ 2100.00 increase in approx 60 days....... :facepalm.... its a replica!

The only way to combat these artificially and inflated prices is for Art to release another run.:p

Anyone agree? :thumbsup

Isn't there a big difference between production mold and replica though. I like the exclusivity of the 20 run.

The only way to combat these artificially and inflated prices is for Art to release another run.:p

Anyone agree? :thumbsup

I am, honestly, a bit sad that I committed to 20, as I easily believe I could have sold 50. However, 20 is what I said I would pull from the mold and I am going to stick to it (not to mention, we have had delays in the second part of this project, that have pushed us out a couple weeks from the initial deadline I gave everyone). One has to remember that first and foremost, as selfish as it sounds, this project was about me being able to put a Frank mask in my display case. It is one of my top 5 favorite props and given how incredibly expensive the originals are, it is unlikely that I would ever own one of those, so this was my best bet. Offering a limited number to a few other fans simply allowed me to justify the cost and to justify spending money on a lot of testing to get the final pulls where we wanted them to be. I am really glad I was able to share these with a few other fans, but this was more of a personal project than a cash grab.

I am, honestly, a bit sad that I committed to 20, as I easily believe I could have sold 50. However, 20 is what I said I would pull from the mold and I am going to stick to it (not to mention, we have had delays in the second part of this project, that have pushed us out a couple weeks from the initial deadline I gave everyone). One has to remember that first and foremost, as selfish as it sounds, this project was about me being able to put a Frank mask in my display case. It is one of my top 5 favorite props and given how incredibly expensive the originals are, it is unlikely that I would ever own one of those, so this was my best bet. Offering a limited number to a few other fans simply allowed me to justify the cost and to justify spending money on a lot of testing to get the final pulls where we wanted them to be. I am really glad I was able to share these with a few other fans, but this was more of a personal project than a cash grab.

Yeah I don't care if it takes a few more months. I have missed out on a lot of cool runs and I knew I would regret it forever if I missed this one. Thanks again Art.

Yeah I don't care if it takes a few more months. I have missed out on a lot of cool runs and I knew I would regret it forever if I missed this one. Thanks again Art.

nice to see that at least 2 of 20 are in Dallas :) hey, you know Donnie Darko is playing at the Studio Movie Grill locations in DFW this Thursday right (2 more days)? I bought 14 tickets for the Richardson/Spring Valley Location. Having a Donnie Darko party the day after tomorrow!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back