Donnie Darko Frank the Bunny - Original Mold

Frank #11 has been home safe for quite some time. I'm so thankful to have been able to get my hands on one of these gorgeous masks, Thanks Art!

11qhj7t.jpg

At the moment, there is one of these Frank rabbit masks on ebay called "Prototype"......Number 1.
From the original movie molds.
It comes with a signed plaque as well. Wonder if it is from this run, or project. :confused

At the moment, there is one of these Frank rabbit masks on ebay called "Prototype"......Number 1.
From the original movie molds.
It comes with a signed plaque as well. Wonder if it is from this run, or project. :confused

Yep, this is the second "Number 1" this seller has sold on Ebay. It appears he has more than one, "Number 1 prototype," which is quite odd.

Super unhappy about this, because the prototype was sold to Michael (the seller) with the express agreement that he would never sell it. I guess you just can't trust anyone. :(

Yep, this is the second "Number 1" this seller has sold on Ebay. It appears he has more than one, "Number 1 prototype," which is quite odd.

He's posted it three times. The first auction was taken down after a few days, the second didn't reach his reserve price and now he put the starting bid at $2k.

He's posted it three times. The first auction was taken down after a few days, the second didn't reach his reserve price and now he put the starting bid at $2k.

Ah! My bad, thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I thought it had sold in the second auction.

Not to cause any controversy, but I'm the person who bought that prototype on eBay.

Can't fault you for picking it up. Super annoyed that it was sold when it wasn't supposed to be, but I guess I am at least happy someone here in the community got it.

I understand. I didn't see any of these new comments until after I'd bought it, and didn't know there was a problem. I bought it for the same reason I guess all the original limited run purchasers did - I'm a huge fan of the film, and this is as close as I'm likely to ever get to the original masks.

Eventually things get old. sold, passed on, lost, damaged, lost in a fire, or stolen etc. etc....and eventually we all die. One of the things that is so exciting about the collecting "hobby", is the buying and the selling part, and the excitement, anxiety or fear of the unknown of what is next, what is going to happen around the next turn or corner. Even if a run of 200+ of those these Frank rabbits was done...still special, rare and collectible treasures all the same. There are 7 Billion of us creatures infesting this planet at the moment. Not enough Darko Frank rabbits to go round.
Anyway.....here is a cute "Wandering Misfit" figure (all I can afford at the moment) that reminds me of a "Frank the rabbit & Donnie Darko costume hybrid". Just paint the ears silver and stick them to the front mask maybe...they are about three inches high or something like that. There is one I saw on ebay.
Here's a pic...
Darko_Rabbit_Misfit.jpg

I'm looking for a ebay seller of Frank #6. I can not contact him for a long time. Can anybody help me with it? I didn't recieve mask yet. I hope that my money is not lost.

I'm looking for a ebay seller of Frank #6. I can not contact him for a long time. Can anybody help me with it? I didn't recieve mask yet. I hope that my money is not lost.
Perhaps Art Andrews can pull his name from records?
I would hate to think you got scammed. That would absolutely suck :(

Last edited by a moderator:

This has been 2 years since you bought it according to your first post.

Definitely give Art a shout and see who got #6

Hope this works out for you

I have phone number of the seller, but he ignore my calls and sms. May be cause of I call via skype. I believe that this is a misunderstanding, and he just lost my contacts.

Last edited:
I have phone number of the seller, but he ignore my calls and sms. May be cause of I call via skype. I believe that this is a misunderstanding, and he just lost my contacts.

Wait... this was over two years ago that you purchased this piece and you still haven't received it?

Wasn't it RPF member @jacobzking who sold it to you?

Wait... this was over two years ago that you purchased this piece and you still haven't received it?

Wasn't it RPF member @jacobzking who sold it to you?

I do not know exactly what @jacobzking is he. Two years ago, in this topic, @jacobzking wrote that the mask will be next week. I think it is may be he. Name of seller on ebay is brooklynking469.

Story:

He sent me a parcel once, but it have difficulties with registration at customs in my country. And the mask has been sent back to him. I did not even see it. These forward with customs proceedings and took several months. Again I sent him money for shipping. He told me that send it again, but two months later, when the parcel did not come, explained that his wife sent it and she make some mistakes with it and parcel not gone. Then he promised to send it again, but at their own expense. Since then, I have not talked with him and lost contact. I wait several mounths, but mask didn't recieve.

Sorry for my english=)

I do not know exactly what @jacobzking is he. Two years ago, in this topic, @jacobzking wrote that the mask will be next week. I think it is may be he. Name of seller on ebay is brooklynking469.

Story:

He sent me a parcel once, but it have difficulties with registration at customs in my country. And the mask has been sent back to him. I did not even see it. These forward with customs proceedings and took several months. Again I sent him money for shipping. He told me that send it again, but two months later, when the parcel did not come, explained that his wife sent it and she make some mistakes with it and parcel not gone. Then he promised to send it again, but at their own expense. Since then, I have not talked with him and lost contact. I wait several mounths, but mask didn't recieve.

Sorry for my english=)

hey! i just sent you a PM through here. I just need your address so I can resend the mask to you. I have tries replying to those text messages that you send me, but they are not normal text messages.

Art... I sold it to him, shipped it right away, he refused the package because he did not want to pay the duties on it. I told him I had to declare it for the full value for my protection if something should happen to it. If I declared it for $50 and the package was lost or damaged, and a claim was filed, then I would lose all but $50 through a paypal dispute. But he sent it back to me anyway, even though I told him not to. Russian post tried delivering it several times, then he was supposed to go to post office and pick it up, finally several weeks later he went and denied the package. It sat there and in Russian customs for another 6 months and finally made it back to me about 8 months later. By the time it made it back to me (nearly 9 months after originally shipping it to him) we had moved. Box was nearly destroyed by USPS because they didn't know what to do with it (my address forwarding had already expired).

But... it IS ready to ship out (he did pay me to re-ship it). Communication has been tough, and its partly my fault for taking so long to re-ship it. I did go out and buy a custom box to ship it in about 2 months ago.

Here's the original proof of shipment...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb285/jacobzking/IMG_0577.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back