Done / Completed DONE

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

Put me down for the Firefly complete version. Let me know when and where to send deposit. Looks like Christmas is coming early. Thanks

Re: Sidkit Malcolm Reynolds Gun Firefly TV & Serenity Movie ver. DEFINITIVE LIMITED R

I wont have a deposit for 2 weeks , is this acceptable, , things are getting tough at the moment , if you cant....I truly understand , and you can remove me from your list ???

I wont have a deposit for 2 weeks , is this acceptable, , things are getting tough at the moment , if you cant....I truly understand , and you can remove me from your list ???

No probs for 2 weeks! Don't worry :)

No probs for 2 weeks! Don't worry :)
Bless you, I will do everything possible to get it after we see the attorney....I will PM you when we do so you can move forward , if I cant , or I can provide what all you need , will keep in touch in 2 weeks sir :$ :thumbsup

I really don't know how the brass plating only parts come out. However the kit comes partially assembled and fixed by screws. You'll be able to make all modification you would like on it and choice your own browing coat to give on the brass surface

Thanks mate; I apologize for the miscommunication - I'm not too worried about how the brass plating only parts will look... I was actually double checking that you/Michelle would be removing some of the noticeable bumps and pitting in the raw pewter parts before plating them. From past experience with the pewter Sidkit models, they were fairly common and easy to fix while still bare metal. However, as these parts will be already plated, we won't be able to fix them since doing any sanding would remove the plating.

I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, but I've been waiting for years to get another one of these, so I just had to ask for reassurance...

Thanks mate; I apologize for the miscommunication - I'm not too worried about how the brass plating only parts will look... I was actually double checking that you/Michelle would be removing some of the noticeable bumps and pitting in the raw pewter parts before plating them. From past experience with the pewter Sidkit models, they were fairly common and easy to fix while still bare metal. However, as these parts will be already plated, we won't be able to fix them since doing any sanding would remove the plating.

I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, but hey, I just had to ask for reassurance...
That's a great point Serenity...didn't think about that

I'm sure you guys know what you're doing, but I've been waiting for years to get another one of these, so I just had to ask for reassurance...

Hi mate!
Due seems that you are an expert on this model, my advice is to buy the 450$ kit so you can finish it yourself and do it as better as you want ;)

You can also consider the pits and roughness part of the "aging" of the gun, I guess. It don't really bothers me. For me, the gun doesn't have to look brand new...

You can also consider the pits and roughness part of the "aging" of the gun, I guess. It don't really bothers me. For me, the gun doesn't have to look brand new...

It doesn't have to look brand new for me and I don't want it to either. The original hero parts definitely weren't perfect either.

I do have extended experience with original Sidkit parts (like many members) and the pewter always needed some touch-up work. However, these are being brass plated, so there's no way for the buyers to properly do that without sanding through the brass. I saw some noticeable rough spots and bumps under the plating in the example photos and wanted to know if they would be fixed in the actual run. I think it's a fair question to ask.

But I digress. Like I said, I trust that Sarednab/Michelle know what they're doing and I'm not trying to be difficult or cause problems. This is my grail piece, I've been chasing it for about seven or eight years, so I just want it to be as awesome as possible.

Anything is a fair question to ask , but if pitting is around the plating that connects , and it is bad... you would only have to go around edges of the plating thats pitting .....soooo even with the brass coating , would only be in small areas to where , a little airbrush paint could help...it was an old gun look anyway, but as was stated before , you get all pieces brass coated , and unbuilt , so you could touch up just minor areas...., if I can get this kit , unbuilt, and brass coated....I surely would be excited to build it and secure the screws, and plates myself , for the enjoyment of seeing how this rare piece prop, actually comes together...that's always been a curiosity for me , and the love I have for this prop...just my opinion of course....I would prefer unbuilt....love getting my hands dirty , working on my props !!!.....LOL

Qustion 2: KIT finished like the complete gun? Yes, we could give you a normal kit for 450$ and a kit finished like the complete gun (materials, color etc) for 500$

Just to clarify, I'd like a kit version, but plated (can brown it myself). Thanks!

I saw some noticeable rough spots and bumps under the plating in the example photos and wanted to know if they would be fixed in the actual run. I think it's a fair question to ask.

But I digress. Like I said, I trust that Sarednab/Michelle know what they're doing and I'm not trying to be difficult or cause problems. This is my grail piece, I've been chasing it for about seven or eight years, so I just want it to be as awesome as possible.
It's certainly a fair question to ask. Indeed, once the pieces are plated, there isn't really much you can do to the parts anymore. If you want to smooth them out, this has to happen before the plating.

Maybe you can point out in the pics where you see the kind of imperfections you were talking about, so Sarednab and his team can take a look at it and give the parts some sanding / filling if needed when they see similar spots on the parts, before the are plated... Off course this is some extra work, but after all, these kits are rare and the guns are pretty expensive, so I think it's fair that the finished guns are also finished as good as possible... I shouldn't know how to brass plate these parts myself, or where to go to to do this, so completely finishing a kit myself is not really an option, I'm afraid...

maybe this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150722_142400_zpsvzdzconw.JPG
    20150722_142400_zpsvzdzconw.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 435

Guys guys guys... A zoomed picture! Wow!
I want to remember you all only one thing, that we are talking of pics of finished gun, yes but a finished PROTOTYPE. You see that effect for the over paint coat on it but this effect will not be in the final version! The final version will be PERFECT!

I want to remember you all only one thing, that we are talking of pics of finished gun, yes but a finished PROTOTYPE. You see that effect for the over paint coat on it but this effect will not be in the final version! The final version will be PERFECT!

good enough for me. I wasn't changing my mind anyway. just helping out with a pic. all I want is a strait barrel..

I was in for this project , even if it.... didn't have a barrel !!! :lol :lol :lol :p
I am totally excited , and I will do everything I possibly can to try and sell some of my models to get this thing

Like I said... I just want it to be as great as possible and it's better to point this stuff out before it's too late, just in case.

I trust what you're doing, so that's all I really wanted to hear. Thanks.

good enough for me. I wasn't changing my mind anyway. just helping out with a pic. all I want is a strait barrel..

Thanks for the photo. Oh yeah, I experienced the fiasco with the QMx model and the crooked barrels...

Now that you mention this. I was thinking about not mentioning this, but my first thought when seeing the gun, was that the barrel (blue lines) didn't seem 100% correctly aligned with the "body" of the gun (red lines):

Barrel.jpg

I hope this is also due to the fact that it's a prototype, and the finished ones will have a barrel that's nicely aligned. Didn't really notice the "rough" spots on the gun at first, but the barrel was rather obvious to me. If I had to choose between a gun with rough spots but a straight barrel, or a gun with perfect surface and slightly misaligned barrel, I'd certainly choose the first...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back