Done M41A, and Armor Build Complete new pics 4/23

Rikarus

Sr Member
Here's one of my many projects that is nearing completion. Put it up at the AL, but wanted to share here too. USed one of the AL Members recipes for Brown Bess and got a pretty awesome match. enjoy

Matsuo Shrouds
Matsuo Grip
Matsuo refurb'd HCG GL
SD Stock
SD Vent
SD Triangle
Thompson AIrsoft 1928 THomspon M1A1

pr2_15_4.jpg

pr2_15_3.jpg

pr2_15_2.jpg

pr2_15_7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: mostly done M41A, and now also my USCM armor build

Started turning OD Spat Armor into camo using Humbrol paints I had stashed away.

yup got about 50 projects right now....lol

Helmet2.jpg

Helmet1.jpg

Re: mostly done M41A, and now also my USCM armor build

Armor painted, loving how its turning out, sort of mimic'd HIcks, but wanted my own pattern and I am just not a good enough painter to replicate.

Will be doing the weathering like Nick, and have stencils coming from Mike for my name, and I will be sticking my rank on with a stencil as well. Also plan to so the Spat mod to the shoulder bells so it has elastic sraps in rear.

rikarmor.jpg

Re: Done M41A, and now also my USCM armor build

Got some helmet goodies, name stencil from a fine gentleman over at AL, and a nice real nikkon camera lense for my helmet cam, finishing up some weathering, and working on the plate pads and helmet will be done soon!

rikarmor9.jpg

rikarmor8.jpg

Re: Done M41A, and now also my USCM armor build

and I am coming right along on this project! next up, ab pad and shins!!!

rikarmor13.jpg

rikarmor10.jpg

rikarmor11.jpg

rikarmor12.jpg

Re: Done M41A, and Armor Build Complete new pics 3/29

Incredible work, buddy. And I looove that "brown bess". Looks spot-on. Do you mind sharing that recipe?

Sure, I used Tamiya XF-51 Khaki Drab and XF-7 Flat Red. I added 3.5ml of XF-7 (flat red) measured with a syringe to 10 ml bottle of XF-51.

Love the PR. Armor came out great as well. Still cutting my teeth on using peps and foam but eventually I want to glass a USCM armor set

Love the PR. Armor came out great as well. Still cutting my teeth on using peps and foam but eventually I want to glass a USCM armor set

There are high res pep's floating around somewhere that you can use to make a fine set of glass USCM armor.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back