does anyone have plans for the national lampoons christmas vacation advent calendar house?

zachharvin

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone have plans for the national lampoons christmas vacation advent calendar house? I know that you can buy it pre made for $1500 and up, or buy the kit at some places for $500. All I really would like are the blueprints for it and I can make the pieces myself. I've been trying to put some measurements together myself, not having much luck. I'll attach what my measurements I have so far. This is for the larger house, but there is a smaller version which is shown in the pics, either one would be fine. if anyone out there could help I would be much appreciative. Also, just FYI I couldn't find my revised drawing , so this one contains inches and millimeters. would be willing to pay for plans. Thanks for everyones help.

house.jpg

ph-house-01.jpg

ph-dormers.jpg

ph-house-17_houseopenenhanced.jpg

ph-photos-extras.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone have plans for the national lampoons christmas vacation advent calendar house? I know that you can buy it pre made for $1500 and up, or buy the kit at some places for $500. All I really would like are the blueprints for it and I can make the pieces myself. I've been trying to put some measurements together myself, not having much luck. I'll attach what my measurements I have so far. This is for the larger house, but there is a smaller version which is shown in the pics, either one would be fine. if anyone out there could help I would be much appreciative. Also, just FYI I couldn't find my revised drawing , so this one contains inches and millimeters. would be willing to pay for plans. Thanks for everyones help.

View attachment 940757

View attachment 940758

View attachment 940759

View attachment 940760

View attachment 940761
Did you ever find any plans? I would love to purchase them for my husband. Thank you. Janet K.

Did you ever find any plans? I would love to purchase them for my husband. Thank you. Janet K.
no, sorry. I did however make my own plans with almost the exact same dimensions. Actually one of my uncles is a "professional model maker", if that's the right way to say it. He gets commissions from companies to build scale models of a building or whatever they need so they can see what end result will look like in person. you might have seen something like it on TV shows or movies. Anyway, he helped me with a few things, especially the window frames. I can send you what I have, if you would like. I'm having the window frames laser cut right now, since they are more delicate. if you would like me to send you what I have, just let me know, I'll try and find all my notes, no charge or anything.

-Zach

I'd be up for seeing your plans if you're up for sharing them, I was thinking about making one of these for my family as Christmas Vacation is our traditional Christmas movie. The quote "It's Christmas and we're all in misery" has been rattling around my head for a few weeks now, seems very fitting for 2020.

I'd be up for seeing your plans if you're up for sharing them, I was thinking about making one of these for my family as Christmas Vacation is our traditional Christmas movie. The quote "It's Christmas and we're all in misery" has been rattling around my head for a few weeks now, seems very fitting for 2020.
Christmas Vacation is one of our traditions as well, and I've been wanting to make the advent house for years now. I can send you what I have right now if you'd like, just let me know where to send them. It's just the plans for the house without the window frames. The plans for the frames are at my laser cutters right now. If you decide you want the frames as well, just let me know and I'll get him to email me some copies of what I gave him to work on.

Christmas Vacation is one of our traditions as well, and I've been wanting to make the advent house for years now. I can send you what I have right now if you'd like, just let me know where to send them. It's just the plans for the house without the window frames. The plans for the frames are at my laser cutters right now. If you decide you want the frames as well, just let me know and I'll get him to email me some copies of what I gave him to work on.

Thank you! I'll send you a PM here! I doubt I'll be able to finish everything in time for Christmas this year so this'll turn into my 2021 Christmas gift to the family. We just watched the movie yesterday, still manages to make us laugh even after watching it every Christmas for 30+ years now.

I’d be willing to pay for the plans if you’re willing. Christmas Vaccation is also a big tradition with my family. Would be a fun gift to build for my mom

Us too...watched it at a drive in event and so funny.

Cool project.

You have access to a professional model maker...that’s very cool.

Greetings from Germany,

I would like to rebuild the Advent house as well. We are great fans of the movie and we established it as a yearly tradition to watch it on december 23rd. The only thing that is missing is the advent house.
I thought of buying the model kit, but shipping to europe is so expensive. So i decided to build it in my own.

If there is a chance to get your Plans, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Florian

Greetings from Germany,

I would like to rebuild the Advent house as well. We are great fans of the movie and we established it as a yearly tradition to watch it on december 23rd. The only thing that is missing is the advent house.
I thought of buying the model kit, but shipping to europe is so expensive. So i decided to build it in my own.

If there is a chance to get your Plans, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Florian

Greetings from New England!
This seems to be a project that pops up once in a while but never gains traction. I myself have been planning a build, but haven’t started yet. I did download these plans from Cults3D: Download free STL file Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation Advent House • 3D printing template ・ Cults
It does rely on 3D printed parts for the windows and some details. But the shape and dimensions of the house are a great starting point, and one could easily scratch build the windows, doors and such from scale lumber.
Hope this helps your project take off!

I would love to try this out! How do I go about seeing your plans zachharvin? This would be a great family project to work together, at least that’s how I picture it..ha!

Would you be willing to share them with me? I just bought a laser cutter.

Please email me the plans - if you would

OH can I have the plans too, please!! I don't have a laser cutter but have a cricut and could make a svg and make it in layers of paper. Thanks so much. I am new to this page and not sure how things all work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back