Doctor Who opinions

Incidentally, to further clarify my earlier point about the Doctor... the fact that s/he simply helps seeks to help people is why s/he adopted the name The Doctor. If it was really about being a student of history, s/he would be The Historian.

There is not more racism today than 20 years ago there is less the same with crime and violence in most cases .

In 1990 2 live crew gets arrested at there own shows for there act .

Similar acts now got snoop dog a t.v. Game show with Martha Stewart which shows both changing morals and less racism .
I
Everyone's perception is marred ....

It's called 24 hour news cycle .

We only had local news or if something major national or international happened back in the day for 30 min shows 2 or 3 times a day !

Now they repeat the same story endlessly unroll the next one shows up .

If there is nothing good then they start telling you the dangers of your heating pad or some other scary fear inducing lunacy !

And DOCTOR WHO HAS BEEN PREACHY FROM THE BEGINNING !!!!!

20 years ago, I don't recall people calling the cops on black kids because a back pack brushed their butts and they flipped out. I don't recall people following blacks to their homes and calling the cops them because they didn't think they belonged and were robbing the place, etc. I'd go further, but can't do to site restrictions.

20 years ago, I don't recall people calling the cops on black kids
because a back pack brushed their butts and they flipped out. I don't recall people following blacks to their homes and calling the cops them because they didn't think they belonged and were robbing the place, etc. I'd go further, but can't do to site restrictions.

No they used to the them to there bumpers and drag ' Em down the street till they died. Along with all the harassment you are talking about

BUT

Again

You would only hear YOUR local news so if it did not happen in your area YOU didn't hear about it !

How many times have YOU personally witnessed any of this behaviour ?

Although it is true there are more radical people on one side or the other but as you say we can't go there here .

1997 i went into a store in Mississippi where any "colored" folks had to wait outside till all the whites were done shopping .
1997 !!!!
Then at the bus station in baton rouge by accident i went to the "colored" smoking section . people lost there minds .

I have been back through both places a few years back they are both integrated now . No crazy looks for hanging out with black folks or nothing !

If this was too political and I get banned **** IT !!!

I barely get on here anymore because I'm afraid to say anything about anything .

EVERY show has politics strewn throughout doubly so now !!

Especially the Doctor .

The show was about Rosa Parks for ****** sake !!!!!!

Last edited:
If you saw that stuff in '97, which i find hard to believe, it was flat out illegal under state/federal laws and would have been reported.

I'll agree stuff gets more reported today, but in the 90's they weren't looking to put up new stories every 10 minutes. They're so desperate for stuff today everything gets tossed up to fill space/draw eyeballs.

If you saw that stuff in '97, which i find hard to believe, it was flat out illegal under state/federal laws and would have been reported.

I'll agree stuff gets more reported today, but in the 90's they weren't looking to put up new stories every 10 minutes. They're so desperate for stuff today everything gets tossed up to fill space/draw eyeballs.

Come on, we know it happened back then. Look at the case of Matthew Shepard, who was beaten and left for dead because he was gay. That was 1998. There are places you can go today where that stuff is tolerated, mostly because of religion, and even the police won't make a big deal over it.

Come on, we know it happened back then. Look at the case of Matthew Shepard, who was beaten and left for dead because he was gay. That was 1998. There are places you can go today where that stuff is tolerated, mostly because of religion, and even the police won't make a big deal over it.
I think cboath is referring more to segragated shopping being illegal in 97.

If you saw that stuff in '97, which i find hard to believe, it was flat
out illegal under state/federal laws and would have been reported.

Fixed i have no opinion or experience and promise to discuss things only in a superficial manner as is fit and proper .

Now back to the doctor.
i really like the new outfit i have to say . It has an iconic look to me .

Sonic screwdriver i don't know hopefully it'll grow on me .

Last edited:
Your right !

The Doctors logic in this one has me baffled and after a second viewing i noticed they just kind of swept the problem under the rug .

I ask you , what did they do with the spiders ?

And what was her plan for the big spider ?

While I agree with the doctors solution over the hotel owners just for personal safety both their solutions had the same outcome .

Portraying him as a villain and the scientist lady who actually did the experiments on the spiders as a hero Was only one of many illogical things in this episode

With that said .

DAMN I HATE SPIDERS !!!

No sad music or Doctor speech is gonna change that !

Also...

I just realize that the "only idiots carry knifes" crack a few episodes back was put in because there banning knifes in Britain in response to the the string of knife wielding robbers stabbing everyone the last few years .

Last edited:
I thought the spider episode was very good, just spooky enough for halloween. It took me a couple of scenes to recognize Chris North and I loved his character, I'm guessing the people at Doctor Who don't like a certain person.

Weak episode. Giant spiders, such a fresh and new approach to Doctor Who.

We've never had giant bugs before. Oh yeah, The Unicorn and the Wasp.

We'll, we've never had giant SPIDERS before. Oh yeah, Planet of the Spiders.

We'll we've never had an American political figure on the show before.

Oh yeah, The end of Time.

Never mind...

I finally finished the final Capaldi season and his Christmas special, and man-oh-man was it good! I WISH Capaldi's entire run had been like that final season was, and it has left me entirely convinced that the real problem in his first two seasons was the dynamic with Clara. When she showed up in the final moments fo the episode, both my wife and I groaned. I liked Clara as a character, but I HATED how the show treated her. But that last season with Bill? That was amazing.

Clara was OK until she became WAY to important. And they obsessively kept her for two more years after the fact. Never have found anyone who liked her enough to keep her around that long. Only Moffat. Should have moved on after her first season IMO. Made for a much better ending.

My thoughts were the spider one was a bit on the weak side. We're still seeing very much a period where the Doctor is still adjusting to her new role and all that similar to how its been for the last three Doctors. I dont know, I do like Jodie as an actress, however she is just a little passive in her Doctor so far. Kind of looking for her to stand up and really take charge, sort of like that one Tennant Titanic one.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back