Doctor Who: LEGOs

rollerboi

Sr Member
Not quite a prop, not quite off-topic.. where to stick this? :lol

So I remembered that my brother-in-law saved two boxes of legos from 10+ years ago.. ran downstairs in the hopes of finding enough blue pieces to build a TARDIS..

Sadly, I don't have the right pieces. (Tabletown)

However, I did find a few pieces that I put together to make my own character from Silence in the Library! :lol

2320861.jpeg

Anyone else make any Doctor Who Lego stuff? :)

Last edited:
you do know they make little lego size kits now. My son has some, they are by character builders you can buy little baggies with one mystery figure in or you can buy sets, they are the same size as lego and fit perfectly, you can get cybermen daleks, different doctors all sorts.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. They make Lego EVERYTHING now-a-days.

:darnkids Why, when I was a boy we didn't even HAVE Legos, our parents would get us a bucket full of unfinished, splinter factories with notches in 'em. And we had to build our space men with those 'Logs', I swear, kids these days and their...rant ....rant...rant...

So I remembered that my brother-in-law saved two boxes of legos from 10+ years ago..

Try more like 20. That run of space legos ended in the late 1990.

And I love it! Brilliant job! My gf squeed when she saw it but also said you should have had another light source to create a second shadow. :cool

They have something slightly better. Download their software, build what you want inside the tool, and they'll ship it to you in a custom printed box featuring your project.

LEGO.com DesignByMe : Home

It costs a little bit more to do it that way but wouldn't it be cool to have the TARDIS on a box of LEGOs? :)

Drewid, I *like* your girlfriend! Wow, not many people would suggest a second light source, that's hardcore. Hold on to this one. :) :thumbsup

On ordering pieces (or using some newfangled program :lol): I'm trying to decide if I want to do that. I mean, is it cheating? Part of the fun of LEGOs is sitting in front of the tub of 'em, digging through and finding the piece you need! Sometimes the right one is off-color, but you use it anyways.

Dammit, did nobody old-school LEGO?! ?!? :lol

Has anyone come across any other Doctor-Who related plans? I did find a picture of a K-9, which looks really easy. Oh, and I found a wonderful piece in my box that would make a good sonic screwdriver (I believe it's the piece everyone uses as a lightsaber hilt, too).

4391841647_0ca5b9502e.jpg

Ah, I just tried to use the builder. Lots of the pieces I need either aren't available in blue or are no longer in production. Bummer; time to trawl Craigslist for 20+ year old LEGOs!

(This makes my inner child happy, for some reason.)

Edit: Oh, jeez. People have a hyperinflated sense of the value of their LEGOs.

Both I and my 2yr old daughter LOVE the Character Builder stuff....and they are compatible with LEGO. I need to pick up a ton of grey LEGO to build a proper console room.

photo-13-M.jpg

photo-11-M.jpg

photo-14-M.jpg

photo-15-M.jpg

photo-12-M.jpg

Last edited:
He actually was correcting me in the trademark use of the name, not the pluralization.

It's not Lego, it's LEGO. And that's not pluralized; it should be LEGO bricks, not "Many Lego" (or "Many LEGO").

Here's the company's own guidelines:
Using the LEGO brand name
Please help us to protect our brand name:
• The LEGO brand name should always be written in capital letters
• LEGO must never be used as a generic term or in the plural or as a possessive pronoun, e.g. “LEGO’s”.
• When the LEGO brand name is used as part of a noun, it must never appear on its own. It should always be accompanied by a noun. For example, LEGO set, LEGO products, LEGO Group, LEGO play materials, LEGO bricks, LEGO universe, etc.
• The first time the LEGO brand name appears it must be accompanied by the Registered symbol ®.

And honestly, I don't give a crap if it goes the way of the Xerox. :lol
I'll refer to them as Legos until my dying day. :lol

Ah, I just tried to use the builder. Lots of the pieces I need either aren't available in blue or are no longer in production. Bummer; time to trawl Craigslist for 20+ year old LEGOs!

(This makes my inner child happy, for some reason.)

Edit: Oh, jeez. People have a hyperinflated sense of the value of their LEGOs.

Bummer! Which pieces aren't available anymore? I'm going to guess the window pieces????

Oh, I found plans for this TARDIS. It looks like he had some custom vinyl graphics made for it.

Doctor Who 2 - INSTRUCTIONS: TARDIS: A LEGO® creation by Mr. Xenomurphy : MOCpages.com

Oh, I showed my gf your post. She was very happy :). Would you believe she hadn't seen a Doctor Who episode until just a few years ago?

I so need to get the 4th Doctor for my dad lol. Remember when you could get a small lego kit for like a couple of bucks? All you got was a tiny vehicle and a figure but it was great as something to get while at the store. Especially when Transformers started getting lame.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back