Doc Brown's earpiece in BTTF2

Not only the tube is the wrong shape. I noticed, the whole clip/earpiece is wrongly shaped. It's more rounded than the piece on the very first picture, which is from the eBay listing, as I assume. That guy sent you a wrong model, maybe a newer one.

Anyway, it's not your fault. I will sent you the money tonight. :)

PS: What's the material of the tube? Maybe you can change the shape?

Last edited:
I think I made a mistake with mine. It's the only one available from the seller listed earlier in the thread. The speaking tube is the wrong shape.
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8375d516cf783bce2b65fbe347b4919a&oe=58419727

mmmh... Yeah it looks slightly different, are they all like this?

attachment.php

onjopfe.jpg

It is plastic though?
So boil some water, dip it in until the plastic softens enough to bend it, then hold it until it cools. Should work.
Yes, but the plastic piece isn't the same length as the model in the movie, so it will look weird and short and won't reach your mouth.

Yes, but the plastic piece isn't the same length as the model in the movie, so it will look weird and short and won't reach your mouth.

Mine arrived, and yes it's the same as yours :unsure I feel bad for leading you guys down this path. The tube extends though, so you can get some more length.

IMG_1890.JPG

Doing some more googling, it looks like the older models have the sharper bend to the tube, like this one on etsy.

il_fullxfull.1019620579_59ia.jpg

If you heat the plastic up, push it into shape, then hold it while it cools, it should hold its new shape. I have done this with toys as well as other plastic items that needed bent. Some action figure legs and arms had weird shapes from poor packing and storage in an attic, but a soak in some boiling water, reshaped and allowed to cool, they have not lost shape at all. The trick is to use hot water as it won't melt or burn the plastic like a torch or flame, and it softens the plastic up until it is a nice soft material to work with.

If you heat the plastic up, push it into shape, then hold it while it cools, it should hold its new shape. I have done this with toys as well as other plastic items that needed bent. Some action figure legs and arms had weird shapes from poor packing and storage in an attic, but a soak in some boiling water, reshaped and allowed to cool, they have not lost shape at all. The trick is to use hot water as it won't melt or burn the plastic like a torch or flame, and it softens the plastic up until it is a nice soft material to work with.
Thank you moviefreak I thought the same as you, when you have it the shape you want it let it cool/set into its new shape! The hollow pipe I found was only £3.50 so it's worth a shot! And at that price you get quite a lot so there is room for tests and error:)

Round 2... This one was advertised as a 1981 Plantronics Starset Ear Headset, and appears to be the right one.

I think the difference is the last one was labeled as an "Plantronics Starset II" in the user guide that came in the box. And the correct one has Bell telephone branding on it too.

IMG_2161.JPG
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
IMG_2165.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    649.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2163.JPG
    IMG_2163.JPG
    725.6 KB · Views: 318
Round 2... This one was advertised as a 1981 Plantronics Starset Ear Headset, and appears to be the right one.

I think the difference is the last one was labeled as an "Plantronics Starset II" in the user guide that came in the box. And the correct one has Bell telephone branding on it too.

View attachment 667699
View attachment 667695
View attachment 667696
That's cool thanks for the info, so did you manage to get the correct one? And can you get more?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back