Do not buy from Val Kuperman on here/FB

JackRyder92

Do not buy from Val Kuperman. Long story short I bought a 30 dollar file of a helmet for him to print. He has issues on his end printing the helmet which is understandably frustrating. He never apologizes through the process. By the end he wants to send me the helmet in pieces, which isn’t what I asked for. Mind you I’ve sent him money at this point. I then ask for a formal apology (which he was incapable of doing) only to eventually formally give one. Excuse after excuse he finally says that he’s just gonna refund me and not even ship me what was paid for. I implore you to not support this pompous maker. He doesn’t follow through with what’s asked and acts like it the buyers problem when issues arise. UPDATE: He’s blocked me lol. I have photos of our conversation thread as well if requested

Seriously? You removed your post on Facebook group after you were humiliated AND roasted, and now you are going to try it here? The dude apologized and gave you a refund. Stop making yourself look bad. People already said they would rather deal with Val Kuperman, than with you. due to your expectations and demands for public apologies.

Please post the conversation photos you shared on facebook. They show the guy was apologetic, and trying to rectify things. He also refunded your money. You paid $65 for a printed helmet and expected a fully assembles print? Come on!

Last edited:
His other thread with discussion found here:

Dude, you got your money back and an apology. A formal apology? Give us a break. That's a "Karen" expectation.

There are no guarantees when 3D printing. Printing a helmet it one piece take a LOT of material since it has to build up support on the inside to print out any overhangs and if printed out whole, it could take several hours and sometimes days. Which translates to a lot of material, time and electricity. If there is a failure during print, you lose all that time and material and have to start again. If you have that much support material on the inside, sometimes removing it could break the print, if it wasn't designed well in the first place.

Obviously he had issues, and tried to work with you to rectify them, but you only wanted it done your way. Despite the 'saying', the customer isn't always right. You got your money back and Kuperman is out time, materials and the cost of electricity, but to you, that's not enough...you have to try and convince others that you are the victim and possibly try and ruin the reputation of someone that tried to help you. Unless you post undeniable proof here, the only victim here is Kuperman.

Posting the same post in several forums isn't cool either.

TazMan2000

Also full disclosure, I know Val and have worked with him before in the Iron Man realm. He's always been a stand-up guy, and I would trust him with my business. That's a big deal for me as this is my job, I've worked in the prop industry 15+ years now and can't ever afford to associate with anyone who might even have a whiff of impropriety when it comes to the side projects.

The RPF is a great litmus of good and reputable people.... Yeah old-timers do on occasion flake, but for the most part we self-police and the sniff-test is still reliable. I remember when I was new here, didn't understand the idiosincracies of regulars, didn't read the fine print lol, but here we are surviving now. Not to be the guy shaking his cane at the kids now, but the noobs are not like they used to be. THen again, I would be shaking my Rylo cane lol, and these kids wouldn't know what the hell it was.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back