Limited Run DL44 ANH Version Blaster Kit

The Denix is around 3-5% larger than a real Mauser from what I've seen and it's got loads of details untrue to the real deal. But, if you're willing to put in some work and make some sacrifices to dead-on accuracy, the Denix is actually very suitable as a base.

The last few MGCs I have seen have been closer to the 350-450 range for one in really good condition. That was about a year ago. Haven't seen too many since then.

3D printed steel dovetail mounts are available also!!!
Just got the samples in today and they are awesome! (available a la carte)

Have you shipped the 1896 Denix to Australia? Have they been getting through customs okay?

Last edited:
Do you know what alternative body they use? Interested in grabbing a kit but not sure what I can use in place of the denix.

Have you shipped the 1896 Denix to Australia? Have they been getting through customs okay?

I can buy a Denix in WA locally with no problems. If you live in NSW, NT, SA & VIC residents will be required to supply a copy of their licence or permit. I would not even attempt to import one unless you have a permit first, B709.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being new to most of this, how much of a step up is the steel when compared to the aluminum? Mainly the barrel/flash hider and scope assembly?

Being new to most of this, how much of a step up is the steel when compared to the aluminum? Mainly the barrel/flash hider and scope assembly?

the cast kit mounts are pewter not aluminum, but they look the same as the steel mount,
the steel mounts are mainly for live fire and the new ones I am offering are already finished and look pretty good

- - - Updated - - -

Would this kit work for making a live fire blaster, or would I need something else?

This kit is already being used on a couple of live fire builds, you will just have to get the steel mount option because the cast mount does not hold up to the recoil

- - - Updated - - -

You are producing steel parts again for the mount, is that the complete setup for it?

you can order the steel mount and hardware separately http://darkenergycreations.com/mount-dovetail.aspx
or with the steel scope also http://darkenergycreations.com/scopeassysteel.aspx

Order placed. A little nervous, but very glad to finally get this iconic blaster into the collection!

orders have slowed down, after Jan 22, 2016 there will only be 10 kits available so I can start getting materials on order and start the run earlier

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back