DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Scope Bracket NUTS POST 173

That looks better for sure.

Does the center of the knob inside the knurling look a bit inset to anybody else? It could be the weathering on the edge of the knurling, but it sort of looks that the knurling goes higher than the center section of the knob.

uploadfromtaptalk1419796991239.jpg

That looks better for sure.

Does the center of the knob inside the knurling look a bit inset to anybody else? It could be the weathering on the edge of the knurling, but it sort of looks that the knurling goes higher than the center section of the knob.

That is a natural side effect of creating a knurl. As the tool is pushed into the metal it forms the knurl by crushing the edge and the edge will expand outward.

Normally a shop would clean it up with a pass with a cutting tool, but the prop department may have just not worried about it.

Are you planning to have the shop clean it up, or leave it as is?

I still think the straight section should be taller, and the angle for the knurled section looks a touch off.

I just did some averages and this seems bigger then convectional wisdom

Averaging the elliptical marks I come up with an OD of 1.080" and the top edge of the Knurled section is .810

Can anyone confirm this?

45 degree may be too severe...

Let me dig up some Luke reference photos.

img002.jpg

img003.jpg

luke%20close.jpg

empire-contre-attaque-80-27-g.jpg

Here you can see the thickness and placement of the spacer, and the thickness of the mount.
lukeBlasterfront.jpg

Han's knob on the mount seems to be nearly the same as Lukes, and the mount while only slightly different is generally the same shape. There are slight differences of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I've SEEN better cleared pics of this angle up close and in my face, but don't have access to it unfortunately.

I just cut and pasted the .800 drawing onto the bracket and it fit perfectly so the 1.080" is way off.

The knob on the Luke blaster looks straight to me - not angled like Han's. The knurling also looks finer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you can see the thickness and placement of the spacer, and the thickness of the mount.
http://scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/esbblasters/lukeBlasterfront.jpg

The knob on the Luke blaster looks straight to me - not angled like Han's.

I didn't think Luke was holding a different prop in that head-on shot. The knob does look like it's missing the bevel though, trick of the camera?

It's there and the same prop, what you're perceiving is due to the depth of field blur. The bevel is still there. ^_^ Although I admit, it may be more slight than the Han one.

I just ordered a few prints since I can't get access to the files any other way to get some answers.

It's hard to say, I think the flash hider is playing tricks on our eyes in that pick. Not to mention, the flash hider looks black in that publicity still.

The bottom (unknurled) part should be the taller part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said.

30 degrees looks much better, though.

That's looking really galderned close!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back