Unlimited Run District 9 - SMG Kit

I returned from travel to find this amazing kit had arrived. This is a VERY clean 3D print with out a lot of supports to deal with. I only saw one small piece with a tad bit of support on it. Very tempted to buy the others kits and sell the Weta versions!

I returned from travel to find this amazing kit had arrived. This is a VERY clean 3D print with out a lot of supports to deal with. I only saw one small piece with a tad bit of support on it. Very tempted to buy the others kits and sell the Weta versions!

Thanks for posting and the compliments! Stoked you like the kit so much.

I've cleaned up and prepped my kit ready for colour. Doing a build tutorial vid too, which slows things down a little. :lol

Thanks to you mate for making these available and sharing your work on here.

Payment sent for one SMG kit,

Thanks mate. It’s been awesome to offer these kits here on the RPF. I’ve received so much from this community and it’s been a honor to give something back. I’m a big fan of these D9 weapons and now owning my own is a big tick off my list. Offering them to fellow prop makers is like the icing on the cake!

Making progress on my kit and build tutorial vid

tVyM13L.jpg

Last edited:
Are you pinning the parts? I am planning on pinning the larger assemblies together with 1/4 brass rod and the small tubes with either 3mm brass rod or pieces of wire coat hanger, whichever works best.

Are you pinning the parts? I am planning on pinning the larger assemblies together with 1/4 brass rod and the small tubes with either 3mm brass rod or pieces of wire coat hanger, whichever works best.

Yup, used steel rods for the main pieces, then used cut-up knitting needles for the front canisters.

The main pieces already come with 30mm deep holes for adding pins or rods. Makes the joins so much stronger. [emoji1360]

For anyone working on this kit in the US - the guide holes in the kit are 8mm wide. I had a hard time finding a metric rod for a decent price, but I found a 5/16" threaded stainless steel rod at Home Depot that fits the holes pretty well.

For anyone working on this kit in the US - the guide holes in the kit are 8mm wide. I had a hard time finding a metric rod for a decent price, but I found a 5/16" threaded stainless steel rod at Home Depot that fits the holes pretty well.

Brilliant, thanks for the post!

I am on vacation next week. Planning on lounging and putting some work into my SMG kit. The D9 armory needs a new lethal and compact little brother. Thanks again for this awesome kit.

If anyone is working on the AR or Arc kits (not sure if you did one of these or not) and needs some reference measurements or photos feel free to PM me and I will try to help using the WETA versions I have.

Got my SMG kit yesterday. Wow, great looking kit, this will make an awesome looking prop. Very well done, thanks for doing this!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back