Unlimited Run District 9 - SMG Kit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys finally onto a build tutorial video series. Pretty basic stuff, but if you're new to building 3D kits you may find these helpful. These videos will focus on the SMG kit, but as I point out, the same principles will apply to any of our 3D printed kits.

TMAX PROPS - Introduction
First up is a bit about me, my thoughts on build threads and some info on the kit itself.

Part 1: Prep Work
In this vid we will address kit assembly and surface preparation.

Part 2: Paint and Weathering
Coming soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

feevrt

Looks great! I’m holding off on the weathering of my kit until I can slap some decals on it, so it’s great to see progress.

Tuckanator

Great job on the tutorial videos, your sanding technique looks a lot better than mine. I wasn't aware of aerosol filler primers, ive been using just an acrylic etch primer and a ton of spot putty, looking forward to the next one!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great job on the tutorial videos, your sanding technique looks a lot better than mine. I wasn't aware of aerosol filler primers, ive been using just an acrylic etch primer and a ton of spot putty, looking forward to the next one!
Thanks mate. Yes, filler/primer will be your new best friend! The difference from standard primer is quite significant. I tried standard primer after using filler/primer and I was shocked at how thin the standard primer was. I use still putty as well on the ares that need it, but most the print lines are gone using the technique shown in the vid.

- - - Updated - - -

SMG graphics are finished! Working on the AR vinyls now.

https://i.imgur.com/Htawh3d.jpg
Great news Soulinertia these are looking great.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Good things take time and I know these decals will be top notch. :thumbsup

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Final tutorial vid finally done! Thanks for your patience. :$

Part 2: Paint, Weathering, Decals & Finishing
In this video we tackle painting, weathering, decal application & finishing

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice work Tarry and the rest of the "team"

I'd be all over you d9 guns if I hadn't stopped building/collecting props.

Z