District 9 AR "Re" Build, v2

Tricky, but not impossible. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to make the indents visible where the bases of the gas-cylinder row should go. I SEE how it should look in a couple of images you posted, but whatever I toggle in onshape, those "keyhole" spots remain hidden....

Do you mean the front two cylinders (one is more ... oval), the two gun nozzles/barells?

... because I think they were in a different project I did... and I didn't actually re-model them for this one...

No, thank you those I found, they were included with "gun body". But in the images you posted, cutouts are clearly visible for the spots where the 24 "top cylinders" are supposed to slot in. Those are missing from the main view in onshape, the upper part of the barrel is completely smooth. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to toggle the layer / tab / menu slot that would render them visible. :unsure:

I did some more work on this today and discovered that the onshape models were in a "middling" state. I've revamped all the exported STL's on the etsy page. Also, if you look into Onshape (my project) itself, you should see that the gun body now has the relevant details for the cylinders to mate into.

In onshape you can rewind a model/part to any previous state. I had done that. For some reason I now forget. In sorting out the etsy page + checking the fitment + exploded views, I found they were in a "less than useful" state. Yeeeh. Sorry about that.

I also added some exploded views to the Etsy page (District 9 Replica | Etsy New Zealand)

I decided to just post some pics, so you can at least see what I managed to achieve:
Scornflake, awesome work. Just found this thread. I bought Tmax's kit a long time ago, after i got the main body glued and seams filled, it fellt, and everything popped. Damn near had a breakdown. But seeing this thread restores hope that I can redo it. My question to you is, are those custom wall mounts? And are you sharing the file for those?

Thanks.

They are custom mounts; and you'll find them in the OnShape tabs, .... somewhere. If you'd rather; I can put up a separate Etsy listing? Dunno if they'll fit (but ofc you can modify / scale) as they were made specifically for this model, with ~4mm clearance (enough to attach some padding)

Love your work, had fun reading up on your build, time to throw some money your way on Etsy and give this thing a try myself, thank you!
Thanks :). turns out it was fun to do as well. For me, it was good because I code for my job, and it was really nice to get into something more tactile when I'd had enough of that, yet something where I was still building/making something. yay!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back