Displaying your Hasbro NERF Pulse Rifle

deltabeing

I have been lurking in the threads discussing this item and (not so) patiently waiting for my own to arrive. The thought running through my head and what I would love to hear from this community is how you plan on displaying it.

I had thought about mounting it on a grate with acid burn holes or perhaps something that looks like scrap from the Nostromo or an APC. What are your thoughts/plans?

You mean you plan to... put it down?

I haven't considered display yet, but honestly your idea of a grate with acid burn holes sounds pretty fitting to me. Got to hand it to the Alien set designers (plus the set's reuse on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Red Dwarf, and probably others) for making plastic crates synonymous with sci-fi.

Got to hand it to the Alien set designers (plus the set's reuse on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Red Dwarf, and probably others) for making plastic crates synonymous with sci-fi.

Yeah. Those floor palettes are the Wilhelm scream of set design

I like the idea of adding acid burns

I was thinking of getting a Perspex stand made, but I'm also thinking about making a deck plate, if i can find something cheap enough

I've been looking at drainage grates, or drainage trenches. You have to find the right search parameters

drainage channel

DC930C-700x700[1].jpg

At 13cm x 10 cm it sounds about right, and at 1m long , it's about right

Last edited:
I was thinking about 3D printing the deck plate in PLA (possibly in pieces). I think solvent will melt the PLA in a convincing way and make the acid burn look awesome. I am just not sure that I will be able to get it in a single pass - probably multiple segments

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back