Disneyland Haunted Mansion Pre-Opening Sign

I PM'd tk5378, hoping to get the digital file for this. (I know it's an old thread)

It inspired me to create one, here's what I have so far. I am trying to avoid hand painting the lettering. :)

My plan is to drop the digital file into one of those vinyl cutting machines. Cross your fingers.

Last edited:
Is this high res file still available? I’d love to try to make a replica for myself.

(I shall not reproduce/share the file nor use it to sell anything, et cetera).

I was never able to get the digital file. I ended up fumbling through the project on my own. Here is as far as I got. :)

Last edited:
As some of you know my wife and I are huge Haunted Mansion buffs. As part of her anniversary present this year I've been working on a full scale reproduction of the Disneyland Pre-Opening sign for the ride:

history_preopening_sign.gif

Working from an extremely high resolution scan of a photo taken of the original sign, I've worked to recreate the graphic. Here's a reduced size of the almost final version:

Haunted%20Mansion%20Sign_Watermark.jpg

(Forgive the Watermark, I don't want to see my hard work being sold on the evilbay!)

I still have to work on the black areas inside the smaller text at the bottom to clean them up a bit, and work on evening out the color on the bat-wings and skull at the top.

When it's totally complete, I plan to have it printed full size on a vinyl sheet and mounted to an acrylic sheet which will then be cut to shape.

If anyone is truly interested in doing this project for themselves, I'll be happy to share the artwork when it's finished in all its High-Rez glory, so long as folks agree not to produce them for re-sale.

I look forward to hearing everyones comments on my work thus far.
Good day to you sir, I just came across your excellent art work on the haunted mansion sign. I am making a guitar for my son and would love to use the art work for the head of the guitar. Are you willing to part with it and if so how much would it cost. Again, I would only use it for the one guitar which will be a gift. My son a a Disneyland fanatic and the Haunted Mansion is his all time favorite. Ed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back