Disneyland and Walt Disney World Props, Pieces, and Inspiration

, sandblast those areas, melt horse hoof glue and apply it to those areas, and put it in an area where kids and pets wont be, as the glue dries it contracts and pulls up chips of glass with it, that is the design in the background, how you apply it determines the background, then you wash the asphaltum off using paint thinner and thoughly clean the glass,

Used to make this at my old job. We called it "glue chip". It creates a fern pattern on the sandblasted glass. Also used to stink to high heaven when cooking it in the crock pot. (you lay it on the glass when hot). :eek

Definitely been wanting to CNC this myself. Just have not found a decent clear pic to pull a good vector trace from.

I made those a while back. I had a thread, but most likely has been pruned from the old junkyard. If there is interest I can do another run.

-Eric

I made those a while back. I had a thread, but most likely has been pruned from the old junkyard. If there is interest I can do another run.

-Eric
I've sent everybody who has inquired your way. Don't know if they ever contacted you or not (other sites). If you do a run, I know several people online who would probably jump at it as they LOVE it.

Does anyone have a vector of this...or even a good clear, sharp photo?

Got my own CNC ;-)

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

I've been meaning to post some more stuff for quite a while.
Adventureland is my favorite, so I'm going to focus on that stuff for this post.

For atmosphere I set this old speaker up playing a lot of audio loops from Adventureland, including the Indiana Jones queue audio, Jungle Cruise radio loops from both coasts, Tiki Room area music (not show audio), and it also plays the Tower of Terror plaza audio loop. Total of 4-5 hours of audio can loop continuously. (Video originally from Instagram, so it's not the best quality)
If anyone here is into Tiki stuff as well, the speaker came from the recently-closed Bahooka restaurant in Rosemead, CA.

Replica of one of Trader Sam's shrunken heads from the Jungle Cruise in Florida, with a plumeria added because it amused me:
10448850_238713796323935_1887925871_n.jpg

891356_571263432988934_302510159_n.jpg
10387965_1426091624321147_1066075533_n.jpg
A replica of one of the Tiki Babies done by Kevin and Jody a few years ago. Behind it is a Swiss Family Treehouse print framed with a leaf from the attraction.

I've got a lot more, including a piece I sculpted and some very rare pieces. I'll post them when I've got some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks, I've been working hard on my collection and display.

Here's some more Adventureland

This is a piece I've been working on inspired by the tiki babies from the garden pre-show at Disneyland, specifically the one seen here:
jpeg.jpg
This has always been my favorite of the tiki baby designs seen at DIsneyland. For anyone unfamiliar, they descend from the tree "Tangaroa" during the pre-show in the garden, they can't be seen other than for the brief 20 seconds or so that they are lowered during the show. Though if you know where to look, they can be spotted hanging around in other areas around the Tiki Room. I decided to make the face of this one as a wall-hanging tiki mask.

photo 1 (5).JPG
photo 2 (5).JPG
photo 1 (6).JPG
I'm don't have a ton of experience with sculpting, molding, and casting, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

photo 2 (6).JPG
This was my first attempt at casting and painting, the first piece was just cast in plaster of paris since that's what I had on hand and it was just to practice painting anyway.

photo 4 (2).JPG
Here are two of my later attempts. They're cast in hydrocal, I may use resin at some point. Before starting these I had no real painting experience so it was a real trial and error kind of thing, but I've gotten it down fairly well now that I've figured out what does and doesn't work for me. There's a ton of pattern and color variations to play around with so these will keep me busy for some time to come. I've got more projects planned that I'll be starting on soon, and I'll probably do the rest of the tiki babies as wall-hanging masks at some point.

More soon.

i've got some stretching portraits and the sundial from haunted mansion. and couple sets of the ride blueprints they sold off like 30 years ago (the ones people on ebay make photocopies of). i would love to get some real pieces though. also not really props but i have some opening day stuff from MGM and disneyland ride ticket books

^ I've been selling a few here and there through other means but I may try to do a small run here at some point for any fellow Tiki Room fans on the RPF.

I can't see it either. The email I got from the site had a crazy string embedded in it. I don't think the site liked it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back