Disneyland and Walt Disney World Props, Pieces, and Inspiration

Well if I see one that isn't in the thousands I may pick it up if someone would be willing to do the casts.
I could probably work with a friend of mine to make that happen. He was planning to do exactly that with his own copy several years ago but had to sell it before he got the chance to do so.

Hmm...my dad worked for the company that built the Florida 20k Leagues under the Sea subs. He had the framed designs/prints in his office for a long time. I need to find out if he still knows where those prints are!

LOVE Disney. Currently trying to incorporate some Star Tours and Indy into my collection. Anyone been able to locate any Indiana Jones Ride posters? The only thing I can find is the Drew Struzan poster for like $300 but no cheap prints? Also, if anyone knows of any other ST or Indy ride props or replicas and such please let me know!

I've been planning on recreating some of the characters from the tiki room for my office for some time. The plan would be to build each as an animatronic and create a show with them. The tiki drummer is as good a place as any to start with (not to mention probably one of the easiest to animate). The end run would be to build the totem, a couple of the drummers, and then the flowers. The parrots may still be out of reach, but may tackle them during the cold winter months!

I've been planning on recreating some of the characters from the tiki room for my office for some time. The plan would be to build each as an animatronic and create a show with them. The tiki drummer is as good a place as any to start with (not to mention probably one of the easiest to animate). The end run would be to build the totem, a couple of the drummers, and then the flowers. The parrots may still be out of reach, but may tackle them during the cold winter months!

The Tiki Drummers have been a goal of mine for years. Still hoping some day for some good high Rez 360 photos of one to facilitate a 3D model :)

The Tiki Drummers have been a goal of mine for years. Still hoping some day for some good high Rez 360 photos of one to facilitate a 3D model :)

I'll be at Disney World in a few weeks actually, so I'm going to do me best to get as many photos as I can. They hustle you out of there between shows, so I'll have to be quick. If I'm successful, I'll post them up here.

Kevin Kidney just restored a couple of the birds and made one of the parrots a while back (he used to work at Disney and does collectables for them)

The link you provided has old ads down at the bottom.... and to see the day they used to sell original animated cels from the films for only $2.5 & $3.95, it just blows my mind.
Untitled-1.jpg

I'll be at Disney World in a few weeks actually, so I'm going to do me best to get as many photos as I can. They hustle you out of there between shows, so I'll have to be quick. If I'm successful, I'll post them up here.

I can't remember the layout at WDW. In Disneyland the drummers are high above and poorly lit. I took pics last year and for 3D purposes they were all but unusable :(

We need someone with one of the big figs to do 360 photos and multiple angles :D

Kevin Kidney just restored a couple of the birds and made one of the parrots a while back (he used to work at Disney and does collectables for them)

I never would have thought to use pneumatics and electro-magnets for those tiny birds. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't remember the layout at WDW. In Disneyland the drummers are high above and poorly lit. I took pics last year and for 3D purposes they were all but unusable :(

We need someone with one of the big figs to do 360 photos and multiple angles :D

You're right, they are along a top ledge, so it would be tough to get any sort of reference from a photo. Sigh, so much for that idea!

- - - Updated - - -

check this link out... http://www.flickriver.com/photos/miehana/2154077226/

found an old ebail listing with side, front, and back photos. Measurements are

23 1/2" Tall 7 1/2" Deep 18" Wide

I never would have thought to use pneumatics and electro-magnets for those tiny birds. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, they are along a top ledge, so it would be tough to get any sort of reference from a photo. Sigh, so much for that idea!

- - - Updated - - -

check this link out... http://www.flickriver.com/photos/miehana/2154077226/

Yup. Saw it. In a perfect world this is what I need :D

d1bd6db51cb9c349c94d70fdc1c9498c.jpg

I have one of the 50th anniversary drummer replicas. I would be willing to take some photos and post them here. Unfortunately, I have a crazy busy week or so ahead of me. So if you don't mind waiting a week or so, I will get some photos posted.

I have one of the 50th anniversary drummer replicas. I would be willing to take some photos and post them here. Unfortunately, I have a crazy busy week or so ahead of me. So if you don't mind waiting a week or so, I will get some photos posted.

Wahoo!!! That pic above is kinda a plan for the best pics :). Thanks!

Hello, all! I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but I was wondering if any of you have a 3D file for the talking skull that is on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, the "dead men tell no tales" skull. I know another user here on the RPF made one, but understandably, he doesn't wish to share his files, and unfortunately his prices are too high for me to afford. If anyone could help me out with the skull (I hope to add electronics and make his mouth move), and perhaps the swords that are crossed behind him, I would greatly appreciate it. I am terrible at sculpting and have no idea how to design 3D prints. Thanks in advance in case anyone is able to help out!
latest?cb=20201012021122.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back