Disneyland and Walt Disney World Props, Pieces, and Inspiration

Just finished this. Hangs on the entrance to my daughter's play room.

http://www.wazny.com/images2/props/disney/DSC_7054 (Large).JPG

That is awesome! Where did you pick that one up?

And sans ripping a stanchion out of the ground, shoving it under your coat, and hoping the ghost host doesn't catch you... a bat stanchion...

http://www.wazny.com/images2/props/disney/DSC_7060 (Large).JPG

Have some even cooler stuff on the way, and I have to build the frames for my stretching portraits...

I would pay you money to let me borrow that and mold it. :eek

Yeah, heaven forbid you actually purchased a 1rst gen pull that someone moved heaven and earth to obtain in the first place.

Why exactly would you like to mold that particular piece? Color me particularly curious.

-Rylo

I would pay you money to let me borrow that and mold it. :eek

I guess I completely misunderstood that post! I thought it was an actual stantion bat from the park itself. Hence my shock and awe smiley face and the comment.

My highest apologies if someone made that and it's a hand painted replica. I would never try to recast someone else's hard work like that.

The plaque was clearly something bought/made and finished, which is why I asked where he picked it up from, with hopes that the person had others to sell.

I didn't mean any harm, I honestly thought I was simply making a joke about paying someone to mold an original piece. Just last week I was talking to my husband about getting a 3D scan of one of the stantion bats on a future DL trip, so I made the comment about this one. I completely didn't mean to step on any sculptor/molders toes here. I just spent four weeks going through four different versions at just the handle of the project I'm working on, so I know what kind of dedication and work goes into a project. No recaster intentions here and I sincerely apologize for accidentally implying that with my comment.

It is a cast of an actual stanchion. One of the sharpest and earliest generation pulls that have been offered. Someone went to great lengths to be able to offer that among a few friends here.

I guess I completely misunderstood that post! I thought it was an actual stantion bat from the park itself. Hence my shock and awe smiley face and the comment.

My highest apologies if someone made that and it's a hand painted replica. I would never try to recast someone else's hard work like that.

The plaque was clearly something bought/made and finished, which is why I asked where he picked it up from, with hopes that the person had others to sell.

I didn't mean any harm, I honestly thought I was simply making a joke about paying someone to mold an original piece. Just last week I was talking to my husband about getting a 3D scan of one of the stantion bats on a future DL trip, so I made the comment about this one. I completely didn't mean to step on any sculptor/molders toes here. I just spent four weeks going through four different versions at just the handle of the project I'm working on, so I know what kind of dedication and work goes into a project. No recaster intentions here and I sincerely apologize for accidentally implying that with my comment.

Again, my apologies for not knowing the history on it. It was never my intention to want to recast someone else's work.

That said, I don't know who did it, but that is some absolutely amazingly stunning work. I've lovingly caressed many a bat stanchion in my time, and tried many, mostly unsuccessful, low/no-light pictures and I 100% thought that was from the park itself. So I most definitely appreciate the level of work that went into it.

And I know I'm new in this community, but I've been a part of custom/original toy design and art communities for the better part of a decade now. And I have a zero tolerance rule for any form of unauthorized reproduction. So, please know that it was truly just a misunderstanding, and a very badly phrased attempt at using humor to express my awe at what I thought was a score of major proportions in obtaining an original piece. I'm typically a cheapskate, so I often tell someone that I'd pay money for XXX as a way of saying how amazing something is. But you guys don't know me, so you couldn't possibly know that, so I will be sure to be more careful in my posts in the future.

I'm gonna go hide under a rock now. :(

Drag that the pics are gone...would like to see a 1st pull version from an original just out of curiosity.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

While that's certainly a possibility...all the other pics on this thread are clear as a bell.

No big deal...

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

just a heads up for people looking for attraction posters....disneyland and wdw released a 2014 calendar....

the calendar features 12 attraction poster rides...the bottom and top detaches so you can have a nice 18 x 12 poster print....it is highly quality paper

i bought a handful for family and friends....it is a great deal for only $20

it sold out several times online and sold out a few times at the amusement park.....

the wdw version is different from the disneyland poster... it has the 20,000 leagues under the sea rather than the submarine voyage...and there are a few other changes

7517055880053_zpsc2fc3283.jpeg

7517055880053-1_zpsde65cf27.jpeg

7517055880053-2_zps22ad974d.jpeg

Last edited:
I've picked up a couple things recently, I'll have to get some pics up in the next few days. Anyone else score anything cool recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this a few months ago. The person I bought it from said he got it from an acquaintance who worked on the ride about 15 years ago when they did a renovation. Its a coin from the treasure scene on the pirates attraction in Disneyland.

DSC_0338.JPGDSC_0332.JPG

Ok unfortunately due to budget cuts my wifes company dropped their club 33 membership, if you have eaten there it is a treat, now to the signs, many years ago i went to a convention of signpainters, that was called the conclave, the guy who hosted it his name was Rick (since passed away) and he had the original blueprints for the disney signs he even had a few of the og signs he made at his shop, the pattern in the background is done thusly: on the bback side of the glass, there is a chemical on the front, you coat the glass with asphaltum, you then place stencil vinyl on the glass lay out your design, cut out the areas with an exacto, sandblast those areas, melt horse hoof glue and apply it to those areas, and put it in an area where kids and pets wont be, as the glue dries it contracts and pulls up chips of glass with it, that is the design in the background, how you apply it determines the background, then you wash the asphaltum off using paint thinner and thoughly clean the glass, cleanliness is the key here, then because you wont know how to silver the back ground, the easiest way (to be closest to the originals) would be to silver leaf the background, of course you could use silver paint, but you lose the brilliance. All of the disneyland signs were made thus, he had a E ticket sign my friend tried to obtain but was not able to. Hope this helps

I've got it on my list to make/have made a 1:1 club 33 plaque (still trying to figure out how to do the design on the field of it). I took about 60 close, and VERY high resolution images of it when I was last in park, as well as detailed measurements (I must have looked like a weirdo, but hey, after paying $300 for dinner at the club, I think I was allowed a little weird). I also want to do a 1:1 1901 plaque (the size of the 1901 plaque surprised me being so small).[/QUOTE]

This is great! I will definitely have to try my hand at getting one of these made.

I've got the usual, a few HM plaques, the stretching portraits on canvas, bat stanchion, attraction posters, and this.......

http://www.wazny.com/images2/Disney/DSC_3933 (Large).JPG

had it custom made by someone here. Still awaiting finishing, but I'm just so busy renovating another 85 year old home. :(

I've got it on my list to make/have made a 1:1 club 33 plaque (still trying to figure out how to do the design on the field of it). I took about 60 close, and VERY high resolution images of it when I was last in park, as well as detailed measurements (I must have looked like a weirdo, but hey, after paying $300 for dinner at the club, I think I was allowed a little weird). I also want to do a 1:1 1901 plaque (the size of the 1901 plaque surprised me being so small).

Ok unfortunately due to budget cuts my wifes company dropped their club 33 membership, if you have eaten there it is a treat, now to the signs, many years ago i went to a convention of signpainters, that was called the conclave, the guy who hosted it his name was Rick (since passed away) and he had the original blueprints for the disney signs he even had a few of the og signs he made at his shop, the pattern in the background is done thusly: on the bback side of the glass, there is a chemical on the front, you coat the glass with asphaltum, you then place stencil vinyl on the glass lay out your design, cut out the areas with an exacto, sandblast those areas, melt horse hoof glue and apply it to those areas, and put it in an area where kids and pets wont be, as the glue dries it contracts and pulls up chips of glass with it, that is the design in the background, how you apply it determines the background, then you wash the asphaltum off using paint thinner and thoughly clean the glass, cleanliness is the key here, then because you wont know how to silver the back ground, the easiest way (to be closest to the originals) would be to silver leaf the background, of course you could use silver paint, but you lose the brilliance. All of the disneyland signs were made thus, he had a E ticket sign my friend tried to obtain but was not able to. Hope this helps

It was indeed a treat. Celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in the club.

That's pretty descriptive. It will be 2015 before we try our hand at this. As I've sure you've heard, they are remodeling it... gone will be the current entrance, trophy room, fireplace in the main dinning room, etc.. New logo (ick), and new entrance in the court of angels. Plus a Jazz club (Salon Noveau).

I made this a few years back.

101_1180.jpg

I collect the Disney characters as Star Wars characters and have it all in my office. I also, have a Star Tours jacket (no pic) that I intend to hang in a case like a sports jersey.

-Eric

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back