Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

That's the thing. If people felt like they were getting the full value of their purchase then I don't think the criticisms would be nearly as harsh. As for those who went of their own volition, paid on their own dime, and they STILL didn't feel that it was worth it, then honestly what else do people need to hear? I will tell you this. Fans expected far more for that kind of money. I think most people would and they should when you can have a far more transformative experience going on an international trip for the same price and I'm speaking from experience. Ireland was amazing BTW.
The thing is, I'm not sure that Disney can add any more value to the Galactic cruiser than there already is outside of maybe adding another day or two to the experience and some more downtime activities like a pool if more time is added. I really think that the only way to make this worth the money would be to bring the price down by at least $1K or $2K.

yeah, reducing price is far easier than raising the “value” of the hotel offering. Find the right price point and this could be a pretty profitable attraction imo.

The basis is there (a decent stage with multiple storylines that are likely hard to clearly identify which encourages repeat visiting). Fans of mystery theater and star wars will likely be hooked and would want to be repeat visitors (or at least visit once) objectively.

The big issue is the price. At $6k a pop (and possibly more of this is off-season rates), its a big ask for customers to drop that much for a weekend of LARPing when a mystery theater night is less than $100 per person.

I do think setting the price point to $2000 is far more reasonable.
$400 - price of the “show” for 4
$400 - price of the tickets to Edge for 4.
$800 - price of Disney hotel 2 days stay.
$200 - IP licensing fee to Star Wars LARP.

Even though $2k also seems pricey, it seems more in-line with what you can expect to pay for a trip to Disney world imo.

$5500 for 5 days with hotel so $1100 a day. You miss out on the park and rides since you are incentivized to stay in the hotel for the show so $2000 for the 2 day hotel stay seems reasonable imo ($1000 a day in a hotel might be pricey but this is also including the exclusive entertainment, meal, and exclusive LARP experience).

I am guessing a large proportion of the cost is to pay for the privilege of having a cast with you on your experience..You are after all in a 48hour show be it a good or bad show..
I bang on about those Secret Cinema events but thats only a 6 hour show so the excitement can be condensed. You can't feasibly sustain an event for two days..
I think expectations are just too high, you won't ever get a Real SW experience something close yes but its a movie with digital effects sounds editing re shoots..

Having said that and I've not been but Rise of the Resistance looks a mighty fine ride and is included in a Disney ticket... if they had used a huge warehouse and zoned, themed these imagine the experience and other worlds you could travel too in SW universe..

Just learned when you go to batu you can’t leave bath and visit anywhere else in the park…

I was kind of trying to justify that you get to visit the park as well.. but realistically you’re just in batu..
And leave by 4pm is it or you can't return to Cruise?
I cant see that happening though..

Just learned when you go to batu you can’t leave bath and visit anywhere else in the park…

I was kind of trying to justify that you get to visit the park as well.. but realistically you’re just in batu..
From what I've heard/seen, you can. But why would you? I don't think that you're given that much time to visit Galaxy's Edge, but you are given Lightning Lane passes, so little to no waiting in line. You're also given a voucher for food and a drink there as well. On top of all of that, there are missions that you can/should do that are supposed add to your adventure when you get back "on board" the starcruiser.

So, is doing a scavenger hunt through your phone fun? I'm watching these videos of the hotel struggling to understand why that would be a good time. Star Wars' Pokemon Go?
From what I've seen, the phone games are mostly in Galaxy's Edge, in the hotel itself it seems much more interactive with the phone app mostly for delivering texts from characters.

From what I've seen, the phone games are mostly in Galaxy's Edge, in the hotel itself it seems much more interactive with the phone app mostly for delivering texts from characters.
Yeah that too. Seems like more of a chore. I don't know, I think about myself and how much I hate being on my phone. I'd hate to spend premium priced time being on it even more.

Then I watch the interactions and guests will have their phone out recording it and I think is this really interactive? You're not immersing yourself in the world which should be the intent. You're just spectating. It reminds me of when we'd be on vacation and one of us would have our camcorder out but in the process feel like we're not really enjoying the stuff we're recording. Or like going to a concert and everyone is on their phones, not really taking in the music.

Last edited:
Neither of those sound fun.
The texts seem to be mainly for initiating missions, sort of like talking to an NPC in an RPG. Once that's out of the way you're talking to real people or interacting with physical parts of the "ship". It also seems like that you don't necessarily need to get texts to engage in certain missions, you can just follow friends or random strangers who do and then talk to the "NPCs".

But I will say that, based on reviews, that (cost aside) is not for everybody. In order to really enjoy your stay and get the most out of your $5 - $6K, you really need to get into the spirit of things and play along. The more you do that, the more enjoyable it apparently is. If you're the type that either finds this kind of role-playing cringey, or you're the type to go to cons and take pictures of the cosplayers and not dress up yourself, then this is definitely not for you, whether you can afford it or not. That being said, 2 out of 3 reviewers have said that despite how enjoyable their experience was, it's not worth the price.

yeah, reducing price is far easier than raising the “value” of the hotel offering. Find the right price point and this could be a pretty profitable attraction imo.

The basis is there (a decent stage with multiple storylines that are likely hard to clearly identify which encourages repeat visiting). Fans of mystery theater and star wars will likely be hooked and would want to be repeat visitors (or at least visit once) objectively.

The big issue is the price. At $6k a pop (and possibly more of this is off-season rates), its a big ask for customers to drop that much for a weekend of LARPing when a mystery theater night is less than $100 per person.

I do think setting the price point to $2000 is far more reasonable.
$400 - price of the “show” for 4
$400 - price of the tickets to Edge for 4.
$800 - price of Disney hotel 2 days stay.
$200 - IP licensing fee to Star Wars LARP.

Even though $2k also seems pricey, it seems more in-line with what you can expect to pay for a trip to Disney world imo.

$5500 for 5 days with hotel so $1100 a day. You miss out on the park and rides since you are incentivized to stay in the hotel for the show so $2000 for the 2 day hotel stay seems reasonable imo ($1000 a day in a hotel might be pricey but this is also including the exclusive entertainment, meal, and exclusive LARP experience).
Do you need to pay a licensing fee to yourself? :)

Yeah that too. Seems like more of a chore. I don't know, I think about myself and how much I hate being on my phone. I'd hate to spend premium priced time being on it even more.

Then I watch the interactions and guests will have their phone out recording it and I think is this really interactive? You're not immersing yourself in the world which should be the intent. You're just spectating. It reminds me of when we'd be on vacation and one of us would have our camcorder out but in the process feel like we're not really enjoying the stuff we're recording. Or like going to a concert and everyone is on their phones not, really taking in the music.
From what I've seen, your phone time is mainly going to be at Galaxy's Edge and that doing so will further your mission back at the hotel. At the hotel, your phone seems to be mainly for being contacted by the actors and accessing your itinerary.

Well, we just booked a family trip for June 3 and 4. Will be doing Disneyland on Friday, and California adventures on Saturday. I think the only thing I really am planning on buying is Rey‘s legacy Lightsaber. I know that the Hasbro one has more features, and is better, but there’s something about buying it at Galaxy’s Edge that makes it a little more special. Other than that I’ll see what else I might wanna get there.

Do you need to pay a licensing fee to yourself? :)
Lol i was thinking more what you can charge for.

I do think a $2k, maybe $2.5k per trip, while still pricey imo, is something the public would be more agreeable to (still pricey but I think more hardcore Disney and Star Wars fans would be more willing to pay for). Not sure what others think though.

Well, we just booked a family trip for June 3 and 4. Will be doing Disneyland on Friday, and California adventures on Saturday. I think the only thing I really am planning on buying is Rey‘s legacy Lightsaber. I know that the Hasbro one has more features, and is better, but there’s something about buying it at Galaxy’s Edge that makes it a little more special. Other than that I’ll see what else I might wanna get there.
First trip?

Lol i was thinking more what you can charge for.

I do think a $2k, maybe $2.5k per trip, while still pricey imo, is something the public would be more agreeable to (still pricey but I think more hardcore Disney and Star Wars fans would be more willing to pay for). Not sure what others think though.
I also think that around the $2.5K mark would be the sweet spot. It's enough to account for the room, the food and drinks, and the cast members. It's still premium pricing but it's not ridiculously expensive either, it just might take Disney longer to start making a profit, but it should be low enough to keep them fully booked pretty consistently.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back